Chapter 22

(A/N- hey guys so I work hard editing these chapters and writing and It's hard for me to tell if you like the chapter or not. I have personal goals of 10 votes each chapter but by no means do they have to be met. Its just nice to see if someone reads and enjoys the story😊 it's makes my day reading everyone's comments. Thank you xx)

I didn't sleep all that well last night. All these flashing images of Jake kissing Lauren kept popping into my head. And our convo kept replaying over and over. Everything she said could be true. He could feel sorry for me. He probably did. She will find a way to get him. She always does.

Jake had left school early and was meeting me later to go to Amanda and Kyle's house for dinner. All my thoughts were cleared out of my mind when I came home.

There he was standing. His sparkling green eyes looked at me and he swooped me into his chest. The sweet delightful feeling of his tingling lips gave me an amazing sensation. His hands made his way to my waist and I felt, just for a second, like it was just me and him. The world around us dissolved. My lips slowly made their way down his neck. He lifted his hand and pulled my chin up and kissed me one last time with his soft moist lips.

"Hi." He said smiling down at me.

"Hi." I responded smiling.

"We should probably get ready." He suggested looking at the time.

"Or we could keep doing this." I said playfully and brought my lips near his. All of a sudden the door opened.

"Cameron I ne- oh my!" My mother said, her brown eyes widening.

Oh god. "Umm mom meet Jake." I said gesturing between them. "Jake this is my mother Stacey."

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mrs. Rose." Jake greeted, extending his hand. Instead of shaking it, however, my mother took him in for a hug.

When she released her hold on him and started walking to her room she said, "nice to meet you. I hope I see more of you." And then mouthed to me "he's cute."

I turned back to Jake and he said, "I'll come by in an hour so we can go to their house." I nodded and he walked back to his house.

I used this time to take a long shower and put on makeup. I was curling my hair into wavy curls so they looked like I came from a beach photoshoot.

I quickly checked my outfit in the mirror. I had opted for a mini blue sundress. I gave it a little spin. Satisfied I went downstairs to where Jake was.

"You look amazing." He said to me. I blushed and we went outside to Bella's car. She sat upfront in her purple dress. It was glimmering in the dark.

When we arrived we were in for a shock. Oh my god. Saying their house was big would be a major understatement-it was huge. There was a fountain in the center of their driveway and pillars that lined up to the marble glass door. Kyle and Amanda came down to greet us.

"Hey guys thanks so much for coming. My mom was looking forward to this." Kyle said laughing. He looked awestruck at bella. We all started making our way to their house.

I was surrounded by a group of friends that care about me, a perfect Boyfriend, and I didn't feel any major problems surrounding me. Everything was put to rest. No loose ends. Nothing. Everything finally felt like it was perfect. Like for once it was finally going my way.

That is, until I walked into their ginormous kitchen and saw the one person who would tear all that to shreds. The one person who I hated more than anything. The person who left us for another family.

My father.

Hey guys!

So before I say anything, I would like to thank and give credit to my friends Ashley and Andrea who decided to write the kiss at the beginning of the chapter. Comment there or let them know what you thought of their writing!

Now, I hope you guys are liking the story so far. Tell me thoughts or comment and vote❤️

~Callie