Chapter 30

"Sir, you have to understand. Its not my fault!" I countered frantically. I tried to grib the cell bars holding me inside a small room, howwever with heavy chains rubbing on the sore spots of my wrist, it seemed hopeless.

"Were these really necessary?" I complained whining, my eyebrows knitting together in an angry hold as I held up my wrists in pure frusteration. I glared at the officer who stood a few feet away, on the other side. The good side. The side I always thought I'd be on.

He didn't dignify me with a response. Or even satify me with a look. Just kept looking straight. I rolled my dark-lined eyes back in annoyance but atleast to my delight, I thought a saw a smile almost form on his solid face.

I gave up hestiatntly and sat back down on the bench againist the wall. I leaned my head back againist the rusty metal wall and thought about what I did to end up here.

The old me would NEVER end up here. But that person isn't who I am anymore, I reminded myself.

I should probably explain how I ended up here. It's really not my fault. However the guy mentally laughing on the other side of the bars, argues otherwise.

*4 hours earlier*

I'd never skipped before. I never had a reason to. I had so much free time that I could always do my assignments.

And who would I have skipped with? I didn't exactly have people lining up. Now it was too late. Everyone had gone in.

Where do people go to skip? I saw a crowd of kids walking one direction so I weighed my options and decided to catch up to them. They were an odd group. Dressed in black with heavy makeup and pale faces. Oh my god. They look like me. Except I don't that bad. This was the crowd parents warn there kids to stay away from. The kids who spent time in juvy and detentions. Maybe I shouldn't go over. No, I shoved the thought away from my subconcience and walked over to them.

They were passing around and lighting a cigarette. I nearly coughed just walking over to where they stood. I held my breath and introduced myself.

"Hey, I'm Cameron." I said as they turned around in curoiusity.

"We know who you are." A girl in the center with black and purple hair and way to many piercings stated. "I'm Roxy and that's Collin, Sarah, Trevor, Jas, and Jeremy." She said pointing to first a guy with black shaggy hair, then a girl with bright red/orange hair, a guy with brown hair, a girl with blonde and a guy with blonde. They all had at least 3 piercings, but as intimidating as they look, I knew I could handle it.

"Smoke?" One of them offered and I shook my head and hide my look of disgust. Changing looks is one thing but I was not a smoker and probably never would be. Just the smell is enough for me to say no. They shrugged and threw it to the floor, stepping on it to put it out. I exhaled my breath that I had been holding.

"Shouldn't you be running along to class?" A girl, Sarah, baby-talked while the rest of their crew burst out laughing.

"No, now does everyone visualize ducktape over your mouth so early into the conversation?" I retorted, not putting up with being treated like a child.

Everyone laughed and her mouth dropped alittle, not expecting me to fire back. Not my best remark but then again I wasn't used to having to fire in the moment.

"You know, not bad," She started nodding towards the group then turned to start walking. "..for a newbie."

I smirked and start walking with them to wherever they were going, feeling accepted. We walked through streets I never knew this rusted up town had.

"Where exactly are we going?" I asked, lifting a branch out of the way as we passed trough a park.

"Why? You scared? Think we need to go back?" Sarah laughed. I narrowed my eyes but i knew she was joking. Kinda. And I figured out that she was like the mouth of the group.

"I don't know what makes you a bitch, but it really works!" I countered. They laughed and Collin spoke up.

"We are going to the Alpple Creek Mall."

I gasped. That was such a popular mall. "Then why are we going on deserted roads and parks?" I asked as if they were insane.

Which is exactly how they looked at me. "Police patrol every main road. How do you think 7 teenagers with backpacks walking along the main road looks?" Oh.

"Basically we'd all be dead." Jeremy said and laughed.

I nodded and laughed along with them.

"There it is!" Roxy exclaimed, excited. It was a shocking reaction, not at all what I would expect.

"She's just excited because tommrows Halloween so she can find all the cheap last minute slutty coustumes." Trevor whispered in my ear. Oh my gosh! I totally forgot. Maybe it wasn't a total waste that I came to the mall after all.

We walked into a little store called "That Wicked Place" and started scanning the racks of lined costumes, all with little discounts, which was great. Only problem was the store was packed and there was only so many costumes...

We all met up at the dressing room 10 minutes later with a costume to try on. Roxy came out in a sleek black costume of S.W.A.T girl, a completly revealing costume. I didn't know her that well but it looked good. We all complemented her and others came out in their costumes. Robin hood, an angel, a devil, a nurse, and spiderman. All too short or too tight for my old taste.

Now it was my turn and I stood in front of the mirror in a tight, sleek, shiny, wonder women costume. Normally, I am not one for superhero costumes but this strapless tight gold, red, and blue costume fit actually how i want to look. Confident and bold.

I stepped outside and the group I had tagged along with all examined me.

"You should get it. It fits you perfect." Jas said nodding in approval along with the rest of the group.

"She speaks!" I gasped joking. Jas tended to be the quiet one as I'd noticed. They all were fairly nice and didn't judge me. Though they smelled like smoke and skipped, they were the people maybe I should be around. My phone buzzed in my pocket and I saw it was Bella. They were probably at lunch wondering where I am. I clicked decline and turned to face them.

"Thanks but I have to grab another cause the seam is broken." I stated and we walked out to the ranks.

I noticed there was one left so I went to grab it. When i was reaching for it I noticed the price. Way to much. So much for discounts. I couldn't buy it.

"Guys, its too expensive. I can't purchase it." I said sadly, rubbing the smooth fabric.

"Theres always the other way." Sarah stated, still wearing her devil coutsume.

"Yea just steal it." Jas whispered in her angel costume. I didn't go for shoplifting but when the devil on your right says yes and the angel on your left says yes, its hard to say no.

"Come on, live a little." They all said in unison.

"Maybe I should just-" I started but they interrupted.

"I knew she wouldn't do it." Sarah challenged. They all had there impending eyes on me waiting to see what I would do. They were all pressuring me to just steal it.

I grabbed the costume, ripped off the tag, and ran out of the store. That was a stupid mistake.

They followed and for 0.5 seconds, it seemed my anxiety could relax, as we had not been caught.

Until the alarm rang and a nearby officer rushed over and handcuffed me.

"Its not my fault. They pressured me and-" I started to say extremly nervously.

"Who?" He asked and I glanced up. They were gone. I shoplifted to have them accept me and they left.

I was pissed but also kind of thrilled. My adreline kicked in and gave me the courage to say, "You know what? Handcuff me , lock me in, I don't care!"

HEY GUYS! SO I POSTED AN EXTRA LONG CHAPTER FOR YOU ALL❤️

HOPE YOU ENJOYED! AND OMG THANK YOU FOR 2k VIEWS!😭❤️

(Only 3k more to go!) jk I wish😊

Xoxo, Callie💕