Chapter 10

*One week later*

Tap tap. I heard the usual tapping if my new friend, well only friend, jake.

"Hey." He said, looking down.

"What's wrong?" I asked opening my window.

It's been one week since we had become friends. He and Lauren had sorta started going out but I could tell he didn't like her. Everytime I saw them it made my stomach churn. I wasn't sure why.

Every night we would talk through windows. People still stared at me. I just glare back now.

I hadn't told him about my dad. I didn't want to scare him off. I really liked talking to him.

He looked up at me with his crystal blue eyes.

"Another fight?" I asked lifting an eyebrow.

He nodded slowly and stood up pacing around in his room.

"I don't get why she's mad! She was like trying to control who my friends are." He said throwing his hands up.

I rolled my eyes. She got mad at him everyday and I'd hear about it every night.

"Let me guess? I was at the top of her no friends list?" I said smirking.

He bite his lip back. I was right. "And then I got in this huge fight with my mom." He said frowning.

I didn't ask why. Suddenly he said, "can I just come over?"

I opened my mouth in shock but I could tell he just wanted to talk.

"It's 10 so my mom won't let you come in." I said. "Sorry."

Suddenly his face lite up with an idea. Next thing you know, he's getting a jump rope and throwing me one side.

"Tie it to something really sturdy." He said, doing the same.

I was confused for a second before realizing what he was doing.

"Are you crazy?!!?!" I asked.

He pondered it for a second. "Yea." He shrugged and continued tying.

I cannot believe he is going to climb over through the window. I know there's only a three foot distance between the houses but still. I know it's a small length but that's just how they were built.

I looked around my room to find somewhere to tie it. I noticed my desk and tied it to the leg. Making sure it was sturdy I tugged at it.

"Okay I'm going to climb. I stood in front of my window to help him. I still thought it was a crazy and stupid idea. No an insane idea. But I knew he wasn't going to back down.

He grabbed onto the blue striped rope and swung down. I winced thinking he would fall. He was athletic so I guess he was good at this stuff. Everytime he moved I got nervous. He was almost there.

He grabbed my window to pull himself up. He got one arm and leg through when he almost slipped. I immediately grabbed his hand to hold him upright. He stepped in through and smiled.

"I di-" he couldn't finish because at that moment he tripped on the rope in my room and fell. On me.

Ouch. My skin burned from the impact.

"Cam are you okay?"

"Yea mom." I answered and looked up noticing what had happened.

Jake Ryder was on top of me. Our faces inches apart. He touched the side of my face. I tensed up inside nervous. "You have a bump there." He said.