Chapter 6

CHAPTER 6:

Friday morning could not have come quicker. The past two days were pretty much the same.

At school, jake would crack jokes to me. I never responded, just bite my lip back to keep from laughing and smiling so he wouldnt see that he got a reaction. He still annoyed me everyday with the stares.

This morning I was happier than most mornings. I bounced up and put on a navy jacket and jeans while putting my dirty blonde hair in a messy bun.

Casually I looked in the mirror. I thought I looked good so I ran downstairs to grab an apple.

I left my house, locking the door with a jump. I started playing the song habits until I got to school. Then I walked into class, took my seat and turned to the left.

He was not there. That's odd. He's been here every day. Maybe he's late. He wasn't. Maybe he would walk in. He didn't.

By 6th hour I realized he wasn't coming. I looked down at the desk, tracing my pencil along the wood. I normally wouldn't be happy to see him cause he annoys me but for some peculiar I missed seeing him here today.

During the past two days, I had gotten used to his quips and quirks in class. Even his little side glances and teasing smirks. I didn't realize how much I wasn't annoyed by those little smiles I hide behind my hand when he joked around.

I was in my train of thought when, "Ms. Rose, I hear that you are currently neighbors with Mr. Ryder?" My teacher, mr. Stonebrook asked.

"Uh, yeah." I responded. The entire class turned to look at me in jealously. Around school, I heard that everybody liked Jake ryder.

Which meant every popular girl acts 3x as desperate and slutty as usual. It's like a game for them. Find a target and hunt them down. Whoever he likes, he dates. Then they move on to another guy to hunt and date.

By hunt I mean dress slutty and flirt with the guy constantly till he finally likes on of them.

Most of the girls who did that were Lauren, Maggie, Audrey, Hanna, and Cassidy. They were what you would call "mean cheerleaders" but the school like worshiped them. It made me sick. Lauren was the head cheerleader and the rest were her followers.

The past two years they were mean to me in particular. I'm pretty sure they thought I moved. Well until now.

Great, I thought. Hopefully they will ignore me, as I ignore them.

,

Snapping me back to reality, "well then it shouldn't be a problem for you to deliver your project assignment to him."

Project? Your?

"What do you mean "your project"?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Well seeing as you and mr. Ryder are partners then it's your project." He answered.

I gaped. Partners?! I didn't mind at school but working together. Outside of school?

The bell finally ran. He handed me the project assignment and I took off. I finally walked till I was in between my house and his house. I mustered all my courage and walked up to his door.

I knocked and waited.

He finally opened and revealed jake. He was wearing a green shirt and jeans. His hair was messy but kinda cute.

His green eyes were swollen. His smirk suddenly appeared. "And why would you Cameron Rose voluntarily go to

my house? Did my charm finally get to you?"

To hid my smile I scowled.

"No. Mr. Stonebrook made me come over to give you our assignment."

He raised both eyebrows. "Our assignment?" He said waving a finger between us.

I nodded and he smiled and said. "This should be interesting."

I rolled my eyes.

"Do you want to come in?" He asked stepping back to reveal the house.

I looked at him and the inside. It would be easy just to say no. I don't want to go inside his house. But then again I was curious to where he had been and why his eyes were swollen.

No I decided. It shouldn't

Matter. I guess my mouth didn't get the signal cause I found myself saying, "yes."

So I took a step and walked in.

Hey guys sorry for the long wait! I'd been busy and wanted to make this chapter longer! PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK! It really helps!

Thanks!

Why do you think jakes eyes were swollen?