4. What's On The Menu?

6:00 pm

Theodore Han
- Good evening Madison, how are you?
- Do you feel like anything special tonight?
6:01pm

Me
- I'm good Theodore and you?
- What's your favourite type of cuisine?
6:03 pm

Theodore Han
- What do you recommend?
6:04 pm

De Kloof Restaurant

Was I dressed right?
Was I even close to the high class women he is used to?

All these questions meandering through my mind as I stepped foot out of the car, part of me, was confident he knew what to expect, the moment he asked a waitress out.

I've been here before but never as a customer, this place was expensive as everything. Sitting on top of a hill of a golf course, De Kloof offered a quiet and fantastic view to the falling sunset.

As I walked in I felt this tingling sensation, I realized I didn't know if this was a date or not?

And there he was.

Sitting at the entrance with his second cup of tea, reading some magazine about China's Economy, probably thinking of taking over there too. He looked absolutely gorgeous, black suit and the dark red tie with his hair in a flawless ducktail cut.

"Ah! There you are!" He greeted me, coming closer to place two kisses on my cheeks.

"Here I am." I felt like an idiot.

Theodore was a chatter, a sensational conversationalist, his extensive knowledge in politics and economics was, in a way, intimidating. I never cared much about politics but in that moment, I wished I had paid more attention.

"I'm sorry Madison, are you feeling all right?" He broke my silence.

"Yes!" Shit no "I'm listening to what you're saying, to be honest I don't know much about the subject..."

"You're right. We're not here to talk about work or tedious subjects, this isn't even a professional meeting." Theodore excused himself.

It isn't?

"Tell me about your family?" I smiled politely to him.

"Well, I have a twin brother."

Two Theodores? Well damn boy.

"His name is Grayson, we call him Gray, and he is the fun twin." He joked. "My eldest sister Sapphire."

His face changed when he spoke about her, like she wasn't a pleasant topic.

"Your parents?" I didn't ask further about her.

"My father Madison, is a poor educated carpenter." He said slowly, choosing his words wisely, "We grew up very poor, my father did his best to send us to a good school and he himself, would attend school at night, so he could help his kids learn how to read and write."

I think, my shock was impossible to hide at that moment, it was hard to imagine how can someone like him, so elegant and intelligent, grew up so poor.

"It was hard enough growing up with such struggle and in my 20's, Japan hit the lost decade..."

"Wait." I stopped him. "When was this?"

"1990-2000 my dear." He calmly responded.

"How old are you Theodore?"

He smirked.

"Very old, Madison."