21. Goodbye Shanghai

Guess who is back after a wonderful summer vacation and a heartbreak? Yes, ya gurl.
So where we last left off....

Madison's point of view

"Let go of me!" I pushed him with a kick between his legs, watching him crouch down in pain.

"You lousy bitch!"

I staggered around the alley trying to get away from him, tripping suddenly when he yanked my purse, but I didn't look back, I tried running even faster, mixing myself in the middle of the crowd.

But when you're intoxicated, desperate and not making much sense in the middle of the night, people think you're crazy. I could feel my head and my feet spinning, and no one, absolutely no one stopped to help me.

The desperation grew in me.

I couldn't speak Chinese, I didn't know where I was, all I wanted was to magically find the hotel door and go back to Theodore.

Theo..

I remember him sticking his card in my chest, I just.. I just.. need a phone, yes a phone. I enter a convenience store not sure, anyone could understand me, I begged for the guy behind the counter to lend me his phone.

"Theodore"

"Hey? Are you okay Madison?" His voice is sleepy.

"No.." My voice cracks, my head hurts and I'm shivering. "Theodore, I'm lost, I'm confused and everyone thinks I'm crazy. I don't know where my phone is "

"Where are you?" He demands.

"Convenience store at tee-yu-guan, tiquan I think."

"Pass me the phone to whoever is there."

I do as he says and they have a short talk in chinese before the man before me hangs up. I'm on the verge of climbing his counter and start a fight at this point but I'm too weak and confused. The alcohol hit me hard, very hard, it was hard enough to stand on my feet but even harder was not being able to speak chinese.

"Mister please tell me what he said?!" I beg not knowing if he understood me or not.

The man lifts both hands to me and I don't know what the fuck that means.

"Pause? Calm? Stop? Theodore, man on the phone, what did he "

"Wait!" He says impatiently.

I point to the phone and repeat his question. He nods.

I'm immediately overflowed with relief, Theodore was coming, he was coming.

I sit on a wooden box outside just waiting for the black Mercedes to come for me, I wait and wait... and wait. It's hard to keep my eyes open and the cold has reached a state of numbness in me, I feel my muscles stiffen in place. The worst part is breathing, the air cuts, hurts. I don't know how long it's been, I'm not sure but I was starting to hate Shanghai, no, not Shanghai, Sapphire. Yes, Sapphire.

Of course when my mind starts plotting against her, the black Mercedes parks in the mildly busy street of wherever this was, Theodore stormed out of the car obstructing traffic. I had to laugh, he'd never do that.

"Madison!"

He runs to me throwing every single piece of clothing on me, I'm surrounded by the sweet scent of Theodore's Dior Sauvage and a much needed heat.

"As much as I love you stripping Theo, I think you should keep the shirt in public." I mumble something to him.

"Shut up and let me help you up, you're freezing and you're drunk for fuck sakes."