Extra: A recollection of moments

This would be as you already imagined, a chapter dedicated to a few moments of what Hiro did for her in 4 months. In movies, this would be the part where a bunch of scenes flash and you'd get a temporal view of events.

Also a moment that opened Julia's eyes to the reality of Asians.

Julia:

Julia storms in directly to her room, ignoring Hiro and Madison on the couch, looking at her and back to each other, puzzled. What just happened?

Madison went after her, knocking softly on the door.

"Jules, what happened? Did Grayson do something to you?" Madison stood by the entrance crossing arms, preoccupied, watching her best friend wipe off her makeup angrily.

"Steve, people..."

Madison never saw her friend so angry, Julia didn't take anything too seriously most of the time, so, to see her in that state it was worrying.

"We were so good Mads, we went for brunch in Tasha's, an-and it was all fine until Steve and his mutts showed up and sat just a few tables down..." Julia paused, turning abruptly to lean on her dressing table. "They started saying all kinds of shit, I honestly..."

"He just doesn't quit."

"No he doesn't. They started calling him some racist names like banana, japy chan, sushi dick, shouting out loud I was on a sushi diet to get a fucking iphone." Julia spilled words, stuttering uncomfortably at them, but Madison was familiar with them, it was a recurring theme during her upbringing with an Asian mother. "Grayson was so chilled about it, he kept shrugging saying it was nothing, he simply kept reassuring me it was nothing, and it's not worth it but fuck, Madison. How is that nothing?  It was the last fucking straw when they served a bowl of rice to Grayson, the waiter said Steve's table sent it. I fucking lost it."

"What did you do Jules?" She crossed her arms concerned with what she would say next.

"Grayson even tried to stop me but I couldn't, I took the bowl and shoved it in Steve's head."

Madison cracked up just by the thought of it. "Julia!"

"Of course he started barking at me, saying I'm a bitch going out with an Asian that smells like feet. I spit in his face." Julia carried on. "I asked really: 11 official languages and all you manage to say is Kak? He got so pissy about it then he challenged Grayson."

"Like what?"

"Will you kiss him with the same mouth you kissed me and my kak? After we're done here and he's done hiding behind your small ass." Jules mimicked his voice. "I slapped him and then he pushed me... Grayson stepped in and threw him a huge punch in the face, Steve just fell Madiiiison... I was so horny." Julia laughed embarrassed. "I was like, Go babe."

Madison laughed at Jules.

"Grayson, was so hot."

"Jules you're crazy."

"Fuck, Madison he just turned to him and he went like: You know you little shit, what a makes us true men? The respect to which we treat our women, and licking your mother's ass doesn't count, so next time you want to show off a pretty little speech, you take those ginger cake balls up to me and don't even think about looking at Julia."

Madison's lips turned into a perfect O at Grayson's attitude, some people only learned the hard way unfortunately.

"But that's not all, then we went to another store to get him a new camera lens and the girl there just started talking super super slow to him like he's mental or something I just blew right there: praat engels of jy het geestelike probleme?" (speak english or do you have mental issues?)