44. Apparently Perfect ⚠️

⚠️Some explicit content that some might not be willing to read, so stop where you see fit.

Also, give it a follow on Instagram for updates and teasers :) 📸 its_withlovelydia

I arrived home that afternoon a little earlier than I had expected, coming home to find Julia moping in the sink, doing the dishes quietly. Jules never did housework unless she wanted to get her mind off of something, and it wasn't hard to guess, Grayson was leaving in 2 days and tomorrow was his farewell dinner.

"Are we doing cleaning therapy?" I smile at her empathetically.

"Gotta find new hobbies now that my hobby is leaving." She plays a tough exterior.

"We all know very well Grayson isn't a hobby, otherwise the house wouldn't be spotless like it is." I run my eyes around the place. Jules really did a good job. "Julia come on, get out of this 'great depression' mood, do you want me take to you out?"

She tilts her face slightly to me. "I am going out after this."

"Really? Where?"

"Sex shop, to get me a dildo. What do you think."

I burst out laughing, slightly tormented by the image of Julia in a dildo section, she laughs too, vulnerable and not immune to the humor of the situation.

"I did not need to know that." I make my way in, catching a glimpse of white daisies in a jar on our table.

"Well you asked."

"Just admit it Jules, you like him more than you're willing to face yourself. What is so frightening about that?"

Julia turns to face me, supporting her hands on her waist, opening and closing her mouth as if she couldn't decide which lie was the best to tell this time.

She sighs.

"What is frightening is that, he is leaving and in the end of the day, he is 42. He couldn't possibly take any of this seriously after we began shagging before saying Hi."

"You're being harsh on yourself now. There's no specific rule to how a relationship should start in order to be perfect, sure it's unusual but that doesn't mean it's completely meaningless to him." I tell her, curiously gazing at the white daisies on the jar, Jules wasn't a flower person, then again she wasn't in her best days. "Nice flowers, whose are they? Did you get them?"

"Actually when I got home the doorman handed them to me. I think they're for you."

"Me?" I smile like a perfect idiot, hurrying to inspect them closely, Hiro had such a sweet gesture. "I need to thank Hiro."

As I inspect them thoroughly, my eye catches the sight of a very small white card hidden in them, almost unnoticeable. I pick it out excited and Julia glimpses over the kitchen trying to get a read of it.

"So what does it say?"

I frown.

"Good luck with the next semester. All the success in the world."

I hold the card in my hands a few seconds, trying to decipher the meaning behind it. I wasn't in college, why was he wishing me success to the next semester? I repeat the card to Julia and she seems as lost as I am.

"I guess you'll just have to ask him." She says, getting back to her sink but before she could turn the tap on again, there was a light knock on the door. She peeked. "Speaking of the Devil."

Julia opens the door to Hiro, walking in to meet me at the table and kisses me.

"How's it going Hiro?" Julia greets him.