33. Final Destination

Madison's p.o.v.

The next morning felt unbearably heavy.

Like the world came down last night and it landed on my head.

Today more than ever I didn't want to be alone, even if it meant sitting in his office or attending his meetings. Anything was better than this silence surrounding me at home. I wake up to an empty bed, by now, it was becoming a norm. I see a voicemail on my phone but I don't open it, I call him.

"Theo?"

"My dear, how are you feeling? I didn't want to wake you up this morning." His tone was extremely caring.

"Not so good, where are you?" I grimaced, there was a heavy background noise.

"In the airport, I'm going to Sapporo for a business meeting. I will be back in the evening and we'll go for dinner, we'll fix your situation. I have a plan for us, If you need anything, Mr.Shunji in the lobby will get you. I've already spoken to him, I left you my credit card on the table and the code next to it." He paused. "I'm sorry I didn't react well yesterday."

"I don't want to spend your credit card Theo... I just really wanted to get out of the house with you, can I come?"

I hear Theodore sighing on the other end.

"No my dear, it's only a half day business trip, Mr.Shunji will get you a driver for the day, he'll take you wherever you want to go." He tried to sound thrilled.

"You don't get it." I sigh. "See you later." I shut the phone. As usual, why would Theodore stay when my life just took a complete U turn?

I get out of bed walking to the lounge, standing next to the balcony door, I never really appreciated the breath taking view his apartment had.

My fingers immediately start dialing the only number I could think of. After three rings, I hear her.

"Madison! HOW ARE YOU?" Jules squeeks excitedly.

"Hey Jules." I chuckle. "Well the universe just gang banged my life."

"Haha Jesus, what an image, but listen, not everything is lost, you have Theodore and me. I'm always going to be here for you."

"Thanks Jules." I smile, going to lay upside down on the couch with my legs on the wall. "But I'm sick of talking about my problems, spill me some tea."

"Positive? Well if it makes you feel better, Steve and I broke up." Jules paused. "Yeah, the tea just spilled me."

"I want to say i'm sorry but he was a real dick!"

Steve who dated Jules, was the guy who made fun of me and Theodore in Hard Rock Café. I was so glad for Julia, he never treated her well but she was too in love to see it.

"With no dick." She admits and we both laugh.

"I'm happy and let me tell you why, things don't end for no reason, sometimes is to give space for something better to come."

"You could really use your own advice sometimes you know that?"

"Broke and homeless, I don't see what good awaits me."

"So where's Theodore?" She switches subject.

"At work, as usual." I roll my eyes. "This whole trip he's been 90% in the office and 10% with me. I wish you were here, we'd go out and explore this anime city."

"I know where you can find a guide, Tinder. Available in over 190 countries, you welcome."

I laugh at her nonsense but I can't hold my curiosity back any longer.