49. Ending #2 (Fictional)

I encourage you to listen to the song, because Hero and Hiro, sound exactly the same.
When the time comes, these lyrics will make sense:

"...On the first page of our story
The future seemed so bright
Then this thing turned out so evil
I don't know why I'm still surprised
Even angels have their wicked schemes
And you take that to new extremes
But you'll always be my hero
Even though you've lost your mind..."

This is the fictional ending, a bit longer, I Know, shoot me, but here we go:

Imagine Madison never asked Theodore to leave, imagine he simply gave them space to talk while he was in another room. They argued and the story takes place in the moment Hiro says his last words to her.

"I can't lie to you anymore, I'm just trying to be honest!"

"Honest? Yeah fucking tell yourself that to sleep at night. I'm sure it'll do you wonders." He cussed, turning around grabbing his keys and slamming the door out.

Leaving her there in empty room, dropping to her knees in pain, actual physical pain served as distraction to the ache she never imagined Hiro would leave. He was hurt, she was hurt but she bloody well knew, she deserved it.

To every action there was a consequence and she caused it. So she'd take it.

Theodore walked out from the other room with the heaviest expression on him, only he didn't know what weighed more, if it was his conscious or his heart. Was it really worth being this selfish for his own conquest?

He kneeled down, lifting her chin up with a finger, watching the stream of tears running down her face - he did this - his conscious told him. He was once more responsible for tearing apart something good in her life and as much as she agreed to it, how could they build anything from a foundation of suffering?

"Madison."

"It's done." She sobbed.

"No." Theodore shook his head. "I'm sorry, I did this, I'm sorry I came back."

She chuckled, cleaning her face. "You didn't make me break up with him, I knew feeling the way I feel for you, meant something wasn't right."

"My dear." He licked his lips, drifting his gaze up to the ceiling, not believing himself for what he was about to say. "It was something but it isn't love. I thought I had a chance with you but I never thought it would be this hard for you to leave him and I... I ruined it, for the both of you." He said very gently, watching her big brown eyes paying full attention to him.

"What I'm trying to say is... I know what your heart wants in this moment." Theodore caressed her fingers with his. "So go after him, please."

"Theodore..."

"We can't build anything out of your suffering or his. I love you and that is why I'm doing this, because it breaks me to see you this way. It's not what I want."

Madison looked at him anguished, but she was forced to agree, they messed it up, she messed it up big time and there was no way, outside of Mathematics, that two negatives could possibly make a positive.

It had to be a twisted fucking relationship.

And her heart felt like stone after what just happened with Hiro.

"You will always have a special place in my heart." She muttered, brushing her thumb over his face, making him smirk lightly. "I will always have love for you Theodore."

"I will always have love for you too."

He kissed her hand then helped her up, kept her company while she calmed down and called him, over and over again, but Hiro didn't pick up until his phone went dead, leaving her insanely worried.