46. Eight Months Late

I want to apologize for the length of this chapter, I felt like I really couldn't separate this convo. since it was a crucial moment. Whatever mistake you come across, bare with this author, it's 3:30AM here. She'll correct it in the morning

Hope you enjoy

Also please don't forget to check out AFTER MIDNIGHT in my profile ♥ thank you

📸 IG: its_withlovelydia

She rushed to the showers that night, hoping for some clarity - if she was honest to herself - Madison was just looking to escape before the worse happened.

She turned the water full on, as the steam covered the place, giving her a sense of false protection from reality. The scolding hot water felt nice, it was amazing how showers had a therapeutic effect on people.

Madison didn't notice time pass, when she saw a shadow figure sitting in the stone wall in front of shower stall. She startled, nearly tripping on the wet tile, until she noticed who it was, Hiro.

"Hiro, what even? Why aren't you in the car? You're gonna get in so much trouble, get out!"

He seemed unbothered. "I just thought I'd check if you were actually taking a shower or drowning in it."

She rolled her eyes, finally letting out a laugh.

"Nobody's here relax, it's late, it's almost 2AM."

She raised her eyebrows in shock, that long.

Hiro was still in his work outfit, then started undressing himself, shoes off, socks off, pants off, shirt off, underwear on and he walked in, ignoring her protests and giggles like some schoolgirl afraid of getting caught.

"You're insane and in my shower." She leaned her forehead to his chest, he was always so warm.

"It wouldn't be the first time."

Hiro felt the heaviness in the air but didn't question her, he wanted her to talk in her time. They washed each other and got out, cleaned up and got in his car.

"Is Grayson home with Jules?" She asked stuttering.

"I think so, why?" Hiro frowned.

"Nothing... I..." I just saw your cousin and frankly I don't feel like seeing his twin one more time. "I'd like to spend the night at yours." She simply said.

Madison tried detaching from the last events and focusing on what he was saying, they arrived at Hiro's place. The spotless tile and marble apartment lights up automatically as they enter, after Hiro's command to his google assistant. It was small but modern and cozy.

"Thank you Google." He said.

She sat on the counter, as he cooked something quickly, then wandered around his living room, finding several frames, but focusing mainly an old building and Hiro with another guy.

"Why do you keep the picture of a building framed?" She asked curiously. "And who is this guy?"

"That's my lovely place in London." He proudly says.

"That's why we have hard drives, to store photos." Madison giggles.

"And computer viruses." He adds. "What's the point of taking pictures if we're not printing them?"

"You're so 1995." She mocked him, taking the next frame. "And him?"

"That's my best friend, Benji, good old lad from Barkingside."

"Barkingside?" She laughs.

"Funny thing, he's a real dog in the streets."

He served them a quick snack before he headed to this shower - a real shower - as he put and Madison to bed, as soon as she closed her eyes she fell asleep, dreaming about a hug in someone else's arms.