17. Downtown (+18)

Before we start this chapter, let me tell you something, I went to the depths of the internet to find a recent picture of Daniel topless and guess what? Nothing. He is so discreet about his looks, but of course I wouldn't leave y'all without a treat.

So here's an idea of Mr.Daniel Henney's magnifico-toned-lower waist.

Madison

"Hello, I was killing time? Tourist doing touristy things?" 

I emphasize my sarcastic tone.

"Don't give me your sarcasm, I've been trying to find you for 2 hours now!" He was fuming, I'd never seen him like this much less this tone of his.

"What's with you? I'm fine! I was just wandering around the city since you couldn't be here? Am I confined to my room is that it?"

"What? No?!" He deepen his scowl. "I was working, I tried my best to be back as soon as I could, only to find you missing! I was worried sick Madison! Worried you'd get lost or something happened to you? Shanghai is all pretty and captivating but there's danger out there too. How would I even explain to your parents if something happened to you under my supervision?"

"Ok first, chill Theodore." I pause him and I see this pissed him off even more. "You're starting to sound like my father and I'm your child. I'm 22, I can read and can get by myself." I say lifting the perfectly instructed map in 3 languages.

"A call, a message from the front desk, a note under my door, fuck, even a damn smoke sign would've been nice!" He was rubbing the sore spot just above his nose.

"Why didn't you just call?" I frown waving my phone to him trying to end the drama.

"If you had service in China, you'd probably have 15 missed calls from me."

Oh. Right, I had forgotten about cell service.

"I'm sorry I totally forgot about that cause I still had Wifi  to get around so..." I apologize with a guilty grin on my face, lifting my arms to wrap around his neck.

"Yes but no western social media works here unless you have VPN." He says more calmed "Let's go in I bought you a simcard, you're not going MIA like this again."

As we stepped inside I put the few bags I had on my bed and catch Theodore curiously glancing over it, he proceeds to change my cards and setting it up for me, explaining the basics of China Unicom aka Vodafone, AT&T you name it. The lights of the city shined brighter than the dim lights of the lamps in the room.

"You want to go out for dinner? I know this fantas..."

I shut him up with a finger and he kisses it. Holding my hands in his.

"I'm really tired sorry, I think i'd love some room service now or we could go down to their restaurant?" I suggest.

"Room service is fine." He happily agrees.

"Ok lovely." I get up kissing his forehead. "I'm gonna take a shower, order whatever."

"Pastas, fish, give me an idea?"

"Anything!" I shout from the bathroom.

I let myself enjoy the steamy hot shower relaxing my muscles, I did so much today I smile happily, most important I was living a dream on the other side of the world with him. After a few minutes I get out of the shower, get dressed in a white knit dress. I chuckle, remembering how much I hid while packing for this trip, deep down I was still mortified if they found out.