26. The Youngest Cousin

The unannounced visit of Theodore's cousin caught her by surprise, obviously she invited him in to take a seat while she changed into something more decent. Madison peaked from the bedroom, Hiro was sitting relaxed on the white couch texting on his phone. He caught her looking at him.

"Are you sneak peeking?" He formed that gorgeous smile.

Madison couldn't help but laugh at the embarrassment of getting caught in her horrible pajamas.

What was she thinking wearing that? — clearly not looking sexy for Theo — the little devil inside her conscience mocked her.

She walked up to him, trying to explain what he just saw while fixing her hair.

"I... I.." She laughed "I'm sorry, I just wasn't expecting you. Theodore didn't tell me you were coming and..." She was blushing.

"Oh it's quite all right darling." He looked directly into her eyes, his looks had flames, making her even more intimidated by his presence "I can assure you, we all have a dark little secret somewhere in our drawer that only god knows the atrocity it is. Yours are quite decent."

He was so comical and sweet, she felt stupid for not being able to stop laughing.

"Do you want anything to drink? Or maybe to eat?" Madison offered.

"As embarrassing as it is, yes I would love to..." He raised an eyebrow not sure what to call her.

"Madison!" Where was her head.

"Madison, lovely name."

Maddie looked all over his cabinets, she had forgotten that Theodore didn't keep any snacks at home. 

"Well, jesus, Theo doesn't have anything ready to eat." She grimaced "We just got back home but he left a little before you got here."

"Oh, well, I'll take a coffee then. I'm so terribly sorry for barging in so late, my flight was delayed by many hours and I found it odd that I sent him several messages but Theodore never got back to me." He explained.

"That's really odd, he would've told me something. Here you go!" Madison frowns fixing his coffee and handing it to him.

He took the first sip and his face was filled with joy. "Ah, tastes like magic Madison, thank you."

"I can only imagine you're starving, if you want I can fix you something to eat?"

"Oh no please, have a seat with me. Tell me instead where is your peculiar accent from?" He sat on the long breakfast counter chair. Madison leaned on the other side of the counter top introducing herself briefly.

"Wow, that's fascinating." He paid close attention. "I am from London but I was born here in Tokyo and when I was 10 we moved to England. It's been 21 years ever since, 22 in a few months."

That made him 31?

"You're guessing my age or my star sign?" He joked.

"Both." She couldn't help laughing, Theodore didn't believe in those things. "Do you believe in astrology?"

"Of course. It's all around us." He said so surely, "I turned 31 on the 9th of August so.. That makes me a Leo. What about you?"

"22, May 7, Taurus." She replied.

"22? And how did you..."

Their conversation was interrupted when they heard the front door open, Theodore walked in finding them chatting alone, the look on his face was the same she had a few moments ago. Utter confusion and surprise.

"Hiro?" Theodore scowls.

"Theo!" Hiro got up and hugged a very surprised Theodore.

"What are you doing here?!" He asked, hugging him tightly.

"Well cousin, I dropped several messages to your 080 but I see they never came through."

"Oh man, I changed numbers I forgot to tell you!" Theodore ran a hand over his hair.

"It's totally fine, I was just here having the best coffee of my life with Madison!" He turned his gorgeous smile to her.

"I see you two met each other." Theodore walked up to her wrapping his arm around her waist and kissing her forehead gently. "Sorry I was late but let me do the introductions. Maddie this is my youngest cousin Hiro. Hiro, meet my girlfriend, Madison."

The disappointment in his face lasted for a second before Hiro smiled back again.