23.東京

8:43 PM, Haneda Airport, Japan

I was thrilled to see his real world, starting with Theodore's apartment. But I couldn't help feeling that somehow things were going unusually fast. 

I push my thoughts back and let myself relax in the black leather seat, sinking my eyes into the magnificent landscape of Tokyo slowly emerging as we drove away from Haneda Airport, and the sound of French music softly filled the car's empty space, it was a pleasant sensation.

"What is this song called?"

"Crier Tout Bas by Coeur De Pirates." He said in a perfectly pronounced french.

"It's beautiful, so, what's the plan chauffeur?"

"So this is the category I fall into?" He chuckled softly.

I bite my lip and kick his bicep playfully.

Theodore smiled but didn't say anything else nor did I, he turned his attention to the freeway, soon after thousands of colorful lights twinkled the streets of the night in Tokyo, stealing my attention completely, it was a sight out of a movie.

"Do you recognize this street?" He looked amused.

How could I even?

"I have no idea."

"2003, Tokyo Drift, the chase scene in the middle of the crowd, it was here in Shibuya." He grinned broadly at my jaw dropped on the floor, I felt momentarily like a celebrity, I couldn't wait to tell Jules.

Fuck, Jules. I had forgotten about her.

"Do you live around here?" I couldn't resist my curiosity.

"Nop, took a little detour, I live 10 minutes from here, in Minato."

Tokyo was even more amazing than Shanghai. Theodore sunk the miles under the accelator and soon we entered an underground garage written on the wall: 7FU29.

"7th floor, unit 29." He read my mind.

Within minutes we reach his apartment, Theodore opens the front door for me letting me in first. The dark space was illuminated by the city lights, much like his South African apartment, but even more breathtaking. As soon as the lights went on, I observed the room quickly, the small living space was decorated with typical Japanese-style low furniture, shades of brown and beige covered the house.

It was very cozy.

"Welcome home darling."

I turned to him a little surprised. He couldn't be serious, could he?

"Thanks." Was he joking?

Theodore carried our bags down a narrow corridor that led to the bedrooms. I noticed that my suitcase was in the guest room.

"I .. I don't know where you want to sleep, where.. you prefer."

Me neither.

"Here's perfect." I say entering the guest room.

"Let's enjoy the night, tomorrow is Sunday and Grayson is picking us up to have lunch with my parents."

I force a smile.

We get changed and I realize I didn't bring enough clothes for the cold season – of course, it's probably 26 degrees in South Africa and you're supposed to be on a beach retreat with that half size brunette – my conscious mocks me. I'm left with Theodore's clothes, enormous and cushy, perfect for the chilly winter weather in Tokyo.

We wander the buzzing streets of Minato, it's so different from walking in South Africa, you don't have to race instead of walking, or look over your shoulder every 2 minutes, or hold your purse for dear life.

But old habits die hard.

"Are you okay?" Theodore frowns.

"Yeah, sorry getting Mzansi Blues."

"Ok..." He doesn't get what I'm saying.

We take the subway to another part of town for a little night tour hosted by Theo Tours, minutes turned into hours and hours went by quickly just when my feet started complaining. How could he walk this much? I always thought he drove everywhere but instead here I was feeling 42.

"Tired already?" He smirks.

I nod embarrassed.

"How far are we from home?"

"2:30h walking distance." He cringes making me cry in pain. "Alright, come here."

Theodore crouched down, it took me a minute to understand what he was doing.

"Oh no. No, no, no."

"Madison, it's 11pm don't argue and hop on my back, i'm getting us a cab nearby."

I resist but end up on his back, I feel my legs wobbly, I didn't realize how tall Theo was until now, was like riding mount Fuji.

"Heavier than a car." He says under his breath.

"What did you say?" I spank him and we both laugh.

"I workout 4 to 5 times a week, I don't mind if my girlfriend weights more than a baby dinosaur."

"You're still my chauffeur." I joke, masking the fact that I was melting inside. I wanted him to say again.

We carry on like this until we find the cabs and head back to Minato, a quick stop at 7'11 before heading home, the night couldn't be more perfect.

I wasn't really eager to meet his parents tomorrow, my experience with Sapphire and my parents wasn't something I'd like to repeat.

Little writer's treat:
How I imagined Daniel Henney leaving Haneda airport.

Little writer's treat:How I imagined Daniel Henney leaving Haneda airport

Song played in the car: