25. Hiro Noshimuri

Hi I just wanted to say WOW YOU GUYS! WE'VE REACHED THE 5.1K MILESTONE! A HUGE THANK YOU to ALL of You who keep reading it, even bigger thank you to all who vote!

I know i'm a shitty updater but I promised myself I would finish this no matter what!

P.s. I get so friggin' happy when I get notifications that you guys add TAL(the age of love) to your reading lists!

⚠️ Long Chapter Because I didn't want to split in two! ⚠️

Mother= お母さん Father= お父さ

Welcome Sapphire= ようこそ サファイ

"お父さん, お母さん." Sapphire respectfully greeted.

"ようこそ サファイア."

I wanted to get up and leave, surely she was there to belittle the flimsy impression they had of me and why wouldn't they believe her? The eldest daughter looking after her brother?

I can feel myself fuming from my seat, Grayson hasn't said a word and Theodore's eyes dart from me to her to his twin. Grayson was the first one to react, jumping off the couch faking a smile cornering her.

"Sapphire beloved sister, what are you doing here?" He whispered between his teeth.

"Fun sunday family lunch." She casually responds. "Your doorman told me where to find you and obviously I came running... After what happened to Maddie, poor thing!" Her tone switched from sarcastic to hypocrite in 2.1 seconds.

She reached to me with those pale bony arms pretending to be concerned, my first instinct was to drift away but if she was going to put up an act in front of her parents, so was I.

"Madison sweetie, are you okay?"

"I'm perfectly well." I manage to say.

"Look at you... The things that could've happened to you that night. I was worried sick. I felt awful when I couldn't find you! Mei and I looked everywhere, even our heels broke that night." She bluntly lies in my face, rubbing my shoulders with her icy palms holding me in place.

"I'm sorry I didn't do enough for you that night." Her voice turned cold, her sharp serpent gaze looking right into me.

"As you can see, I can handle myself perfectly." I give her a self-congratulatory smile.

Sapphire pulls me into a hug and I have to hold back the overwhelming urge to push her against something, the toilet, the door, whatever was closest.

"I promise next time I'll do better." She implies something else.

"There won't be a next one." I whisper in her ear.

My irritation grows with Theodore's pathetic smile, he actually believed all of that was real, it seemed that only Grayson realized how close I was to strangle his sister.

"Sapphire mom needs a hand in the kitchen."

"Don't you have dog pictures to take?" She grunted, it really annoyed me how disrespectful she was to him, but then she turns to me squeezing me even tighter.

"I'm not done with you whore." She whispers before abruptly letting me go.

The afternoon remained similar to what it was before Sapphire arrived, Theodore talking to his father and me chatting to Grayson, not paying much attention to what he was saying, my eyes were fixed on Sapphire whispering incessantly to his mother over and over again. looking at me. I knew she was talking about me, I finally understood why people learn insults first of all when they learn a new language.