34. Endings

"Good evening Madison, hello Hiro." I state ironically.

"It's 1:40 in the morning do you think I'm in the mood for that?" He jumps off the long chair closing the space between us.

"I am Theodore and I'm sick of you treating me like I'm some defenseless child, talk to me like an adult, or would you have this driver of Mr.Shunji bring me home at 5 to wait for you on an empty dinner table?" I raised my voice making my way through him, bumping my shoulder on his arm and dropping the bags on the couch.

"I was with Hiro for Christ's sake!" I shout.

Theodore looked back at Hiro in accusing voice tone said something in Japanese, he replies calmly but Theodore goes at him again and they start arguing in Japanese leaving me staring at both men, completely clueless about what was being said.

"Can you two stop?" I shout. At this point Theodore's small apartment had become a yelling match.

"I'm going to a hotel." Hiro gives in, storming to his room. I want to stop him but I turn my attention to Theodore.

"Is all this fuss about me going out with Hiro?" I spit aggravated.

"And how was I supposed to know you were with him? You just disappear all day, I text you and you don't say a word, what are you hiding?" His scolding tone only made me angrier.

"Just like you failed to mention you were with Sorja's new dick?" I couldn't care less about my language now.

Theodore frowns at my question, before looking back once more at Hiro furiously.

"Don't give him the death glare, look at me." I knock on his chest.

Theodore looks surprised, I've never been this angry, at this point, it was a mixture of anger and frustration. A perfect recipe for disaster.

"I was with Carmichael and I mentioned it, if I didn't tell you about Sorja was to avoid this specifically!" He rests his hands on his waist. "It's just business Madison, when you see a good opportunity you grab it! And that's why I'm the best at what I do and nobody can surpass me!"

I chuckle, I couldn't believe how condescending he was. I was seeing a side of him I've never seen before.

"Hell! To you everything is about business and growing numbers, and building a reputation and what about the rest? What about the fact that he is the guy she left you for?"

"Business is business and feelings aside, if you can't do that then you clearly don't have what it takes." He says coldly.

"I have some self-respect." I retort. "Where is yours?"

Theodore is facing the ceiling giving his back to me. He sighs loudly.

"Oh Madison forget it, you're too young to understand this. When you're my age and you see how things actually work, then you can talk about morals."

"If you have none what am I even doing here? Basically what you're saying, for the sake of your business, I should also put my feelings aside, my life on a fucking hold, sit and wait for you all day and take all the half ass truths you give me for my own good?" I'm fighting the tears back, I will not cry for this man.

"I can't be everywhere or do everything at once..."

"That's why I was with Hiro because you can't be with me more than 5 minutes!"

His stillness only made it worse, I let it go. I can hear the sound of my own voice crack, and in that precise moment, Hiro walks out the hallway holding his luggage.

I rush to him.

"I'm sorry." I clear my angry tears with my fists. "Where will you be staying?"

"It's all right love, I can handle myself." Hiro murmured sweetly, pushing a hair string behind my ear. I hug him, completely aware of Theodore's presence, I could see his reflection on the inox appliance behind Hiro, dumbstruck.