Chapter Two - Tony, Part One

CLEARING THINGS UP: The Tenrou Team might not be the same as it will eventually be in Ripples, but for now, at least, Gildarts and Ur stayed behind because they have families, and Elle warned them about the time skip. Wendy, Sting, Rogue, Yukino and Rufus stayed back because they're barely twelve. Since this was not the S-Class trials, but SS-Class trials (yes, everyone on the list is S-Class or above) Wendy was not invited. If they needed healing done, Elle's become pretty proficient with Saturn's Healing Winds and Lucy still has Phoenix. That is all.

But people die all the time. So we'll be getting other people popping up all over the place. Eventually.

Also, this is only counting the singular MCU – nothing co-owned, so no X-Men, Fantastic Four, Deadpool, etc. Sorry. Most of it will follow Elle and Tony for now, but as they meet up with other pairs of people, you'll get to see how their journeys went. Just a heads up!

Also this chapter was getting way too long, so Elle's explanations are going to take several chapters. I figured you'd want something more for now.

*****

Chapter Two - Tony, Part One

...So buses suck.

I'm sure that I must have taken a bus once or twice in my first life, but I don't remember it.

I couldn't exactly take a plane (no ID) and I didn't want to steal a car because, again (no ID).

So I got on a bus.

And GOD I was bored out of my fucking mind.

There were so many stops! And this was with me already being in the right place, give or take (I mean I'm still in California, so it's the right state. But it's a big state).

Originally, I did this because I wanted to plan things out.

After a few stops though, I gave up and took the easy way out: teleportation!

I figured that on the bus ride I could go through the things in my Requip space and also write down some notes, try to get my thoughts together.

But it took us ten minutes for three stops, and I thought, Yeah, no.

So I teleported directly in front of Tony's Malibu house instead.

If I could whistle, I would've.

It was a niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice house.

(I mean Tony's rich, so duh, but still. Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice).

And now for the hard part.

I walked up to the door and rang the bell, trying not to stare into the house through the glass panels.

Now, I didn't know if Tony was actually here (he might've been in D.C. at the Senate meeting, I was pretty vague on when I wanted us to jump in the timeline, just post-palladium poisoning and pre-Natalie Rushman) but at the very least, JARVIS was here.

There was silence, and so I rang again and cleared my throat.

"Alright, so I dunno if Tony's home, but that's fine. JARVIS, it's a super long story and I know you probably don't trust me because, boom, random stranger out of nowhere (I don't blame you) but I know how to fix the palladium poisoning."

There was a moment of silence before the glass door automatically slid open.

"Please enter," JARVIS said.