Chapter Twelve - Cats, Part Three

I'm gonna try and update Ripples sometime tomorrow. Happy New Year, everyone!~

*****

Chapter Twelve - Cats, Part Three

I managed to finish the cake and dinner well before Tony was done. Unfortunately, it left a bit of a mess.

I probably should have realized that Tony would have adjusted his electronic mixer, but for some reason it didn't occur to me. So yeah.

Mess.

I finished up the frosting and put the cake into the fridge before finishing up dinner and returning to cleaning up.

"I can't tell if that's impressive or lazy," a voice said, and I shrieked and dropped the flour I had magically picked up off the floor. The dishes I had that were scrubbing themselves dropped back into the sink (luckily nothing broke).

"Impressive," I coughed, pulling any flour off myself and off the floor, floating it into a ball in the air. The dishes started up again. "It still requires skill, and you can burn through a lot of calories using magic. I've found that casually using magic tends to strengthen it, too."

Tony nodded. "So, what's the occasion?" he asked, looking at the baking tools. "We could've just ordered takeout or something."

I raised an eyebrow, and pushed the ball of flour into the trashcan. "You've made a new element. It's a celebration."

"You aren't saying a spell," he pointed out.

I nodded. "Spells...spells focus the energy. In order to do some things in particular, you'll need incantations. The longer the incantation is, the more powerful it generally is. For instance, take Lucy and Cana."

"What about them?" Tony asked.

"Their Primary Magics are both Holder Magics," I said, serving spaghetti on two plates and moving towards the table so we could eat. "But remember what I said earlier?"

"That de-arming Holder Mages usually make them useless, unless they know more?"

I nodded. "Cana and Lucy both have a form of Caster Magic for their Secondary Magic. Cana's is called Fairy Glitter, and it's one of the Three Great Fairy Spells, designed by the founder of our guild. They can only be cast by guildmates, and they all have a specific amount of requirements to fulfill in order to cast them."

"What do they do?" Tony asked, taking a bite of his noodles and smiling. "These are good, thanks."

"There's Fairy Law, Fairy Sphere, and Fairy Glitter. Fairy Law and Fairy Glitter are both similar in that it takes down enemies, but Fairy Law is the stronger of the two. Fairy Glitter will put a group down for the count, but Fairy Law will take out your enemy. Aging them decades, killing them instantly; it changes. And because it has such a bad consequence on the targets, Fairy Law also has a bad rebound on the users; the more people they catch in the spell, the more it will drain their lifespan."

"Jeez," Tony muttered.

"Yeah. In either way, you need to consider them your enemies, all the way down to your heart, or otherwise it won't work. Even if you just think they're your enemies, in a burst of anger or so, they won't actually work."

"Okay," Tony said. "And what about Fairy Sphere?"

"It's a defensive spell," I said. "It can't be cast by one person, but rather a group of people at once, and it's generated specifically through the feelings and emotions you have related with the other people in the group."