Chapter Twenty Three - Winter, Part Two

Bucky's so sad, JARVIS play despacito.

It's been forever, and I'm sooo sorry about that. On the bright side, my medication has been corrected (my prozac dose was lowered, long story) and I'm back to being productive! And here's a long chapter to make up for it!

*****

Chapter Twenty Three - Winter, Part Two

There was a lot of yelling.

Erigor didn't like HYDRA. And he knew that Macbeth didn't either.

But of the ones in the Tenrou group, they were the best that could work undercover.

He was mostly upset that he couldn't be as affectionate with Macbeth, because Hydra was, as Elle put it, full of 'fucking NAZIs'.

Not that they were ever really affectionate in public anyway. But that wasn't the point. The point was that they didn't get the option to decide not to do it.

Though at least their hovering around each other was explained by Erik, mentioning that magic resonating in other people (or snakes/other animals) made them more powerful.

Besides, they were all from another dimension. It's not like HYDRA knew anything about their magic. They could feed them all the bullshit they want.

"Can you all just SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Erik roared. "I can't think!"

Erik's menacing glare made the HYDRA goons freeze, and Kinana, currently in her eight-foot-long Cubellios form for this mission, curled around Erik's shoulders, hissing over at them. They shuddered, and Macbeth exchanged a smirk with Erigor.

"Erik-"

Erik growled at the man. "With all due respect, Mr. Pierce, I lost that name long ago."

Erik shot a glare at them, and Erigor glared back. Macbeth didn't care.

"Sorry. Mr. Cobra, I'm trying to find out what happened here."

"If you all just shut up and give me a minute, I can tell you," Erik hissed.

There was quiet.

"And don't call me 'Mr.', either, that's just fucking stupid," he added, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "Alright, now who was actually here when...whatever...happened?"

Eight people raised their hands.

"Great," he said, grabbing the first one and looking into their eyes. "Next."

He went down the line of them, looking into their eyes.

Back before they all left the library, Elle had taken them all aside and told them what she wanted them to do. And then she spent a little extra time with the groups that were going undercover, in order to make them seem less powerful. For instance, HYDRA believes that Erik can only read minds if he stares directly in their eyes. Macbeth has only ever shown them his Illusion Magic, and made it seem like the Reflector Magic he was using was just a variation of Wind Magic he could use when Erigor was around, and Erigor had only shown them using wind as a weapon, like slicing through things in a fight. Any other way it could be used – flying, telekinesis, suffocation – was still kept a secret.

Erik admitted to having an affinity for poison and enhanced senses, which is why he brought a snake around with him and also 'creeped everyone the fuck out'.

Personally, Erigor thought that Erik was really enjoying that part.

Cubellios, the giant flying snake, helped though.