Chapter Nineteen - Friday, Part Two

^You're welcome for only showing you the fun half of this picture.

Okay, first, T'Challa and Ellaxus is a no go. I actually realized it pretty soon after I posted. For those of you who still really want it, I might write a one-shot, but yeah, it's not gonna happen in this main fic. He'll still be around, though. And flirting is always fun.

Also, now that I've seen the movie, I'd say there are Captain Marvel parallels - a mysterious girl with powers appears knowing things about an upcoming/ongoing alien invasion that a somewhat influential person does not, and then they run around solving mysteries and fighting crime like it's a superhero version of a buddy-cop film. Or whatever.

Also, according to the Far From Home trailer, Peter's passport says he's born on May 3rd, 2001. And it is currently April 30th, 2010, for Tony and Elle.

Chapter Nineteen - Friday, Part Two

*****

Oh.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh.

So that's why we're here.

I squatted down in front of the kid so my head was more even with his.

"Hey, kiddo," I said. "Are you lost?"

The kid slowly nodded.

"Do you want us to help you find your family?" I asked.

Nothing.

I tugged Tony's hand until he was squatted next to me.

"I'm sure that your family told you not to talk to strangers," I said. "But he's not a stranger."

I gave Tony a look and he took off his sunglasses and moved his hat.

The tiny gasp was still audible through the helmet.

"Are you here with your aunt and uncle, Peter?" I asked.

He pushed the helmet up, and I wondered if Peter had made the mask himself. "How do you know that?" the totally adorable child asked me.

"I have magic," I told him.

His eyes were a mix of hope and doubt.

"It's true," Tony said, and Peter's eyes shot to him in surprise.

"...Really?" he whispered doubtfully, but more willing to trust that his hero was telling the truth.

"Cup your hands," I whispered.

He did, and I made a small ball of light and passed it over to him. It illuminated the awe on his face as he looked up at us.

I blew out the ball like it was a candle.

"Peter, I know a lot about magical things, and I even know a bit of the future. And you're special Peter, that's how I know who you are."

"Really?" Peter asked.

I nodded. "Peter, everyone is special, in some way. I'm just...gathering some special people together. People who would've all gotten together eventually, I'm just picking up the pace."

"Including me?" Peter asked.

"No, actually, I wasn't expecting to meet you today," I said. "You're going to be a bit older before you can do a lot of the heavy lifting. But you know, you can probably give us a pretty good view on the science side of things."

"You like science?" Tony asked.

Peter nodded wordlessly at his hero.

"Peter, how about we look around for your aunt and uncle, okay?" I asked him.