Chapter Three - Tony, Part Two

Someone asked me about bashing.

As you can probably tell from Ripples alone, I like saving people (so does Elle). So you will see stuff like that.

As for bashing...there will be some bashing for some of the stupider decisions made in the MCU. There will be NO serious bashing. Probably.

Looking at you, Jason.

Anyway, the 'Tony' explanation chapters were way too long, and I'm not done, so I've been cutting it into reasonably sized pieces for you guys. Next chapter should be up later this week.

Also, reminder that they were all de-aged a couple of months. So Brandish, Gray, Lisanna, and Juvia have all had their birthdays.

*****

Chapter Three – Tony, Part Two

"Magic is generally divided into two different types; Caster Magic, and Holder Magic. Caster Magic is the kind from within, and it doesn't need a specific outlet."

"Like the Force?" Tony asked.

I shrugged. "Eh. Kinda? I'll let you know when I think of a better example. And I'm sure you can guess what Holder Magic is."

"Wands, right?" Tony asked. "Like Harry Potter?"

"Yes, but also no. We actually don't use wands at all, but Holder Magic is using magical devices to concentrate our magic on something specific. Holder Magic is usually more varied, so they need part of the boost. While our magic is all within us – we have something called a Magical Container, yes you can scan me later – Holder Mages usually don't use Caster Magic at all, and so are unused to redirecting their magic any other way through their body."

"So if you take it away, they're powerless?"

"Normally, yes," I admitted. "But it's time to go onto a different type of magic. Those are the types of magic that people can use, but magic changes based on the person themselves. There are three types that are noted; Primary Magic, Secondary Magic, and Tertiary Magic. These are what you're skilled in. Primary Magic is only one type of magic, and it's the most skilled you'll grow in any magical category. Secondary Magic and Tertiary Magic are magics that you have an affinity for. There are generally three, at most, Secondary Magics per person, and there can be many Tertiary forms. Older wizards tend to have many forms of tertiary magic. Sometimes people get confused and think that their Tertiary is actually their primary, and they never explore further, so they never get past a certain level of strength."

"Some wizards are content with just one kind of magic, and never learn Secondary or Tertiary forms. If you have a holder wizard like that, then yeah, taking away their magical items will render them pretty powerless. But if you're like a few of my friends, then you might also have some Caster spells to use as backup, for Secondary and Tertiary Magic."

"Does it pass through families?" Tony asked.

"It can," I said. "Though magic also has a lot to do with personality. But if enough family members are skilled at it, and they use the same magic generation after generation, then the magic can be tied through their bloodlines. That true for more than a few people. But before I mention some of those, I think I'll cover the most common magics first, followed by rarer magics, and then the Lost Magics."

"Ohh, that sounds nice and mystical," Tony said, waving his fingers.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"Alright, so as I already mentioned before; Gray is an Ice Wizard – he specializes in something called Ice-Make, in which he forms things out of ice that he can use. Weapons, cages, catapults, whatever he can think of; it's up to his imagination. Most of the members of our group are-"