Chapter Twenty Five - Winter, Part Four

Hey guys! Have some more adorable angst! (Is that an oxymoron?)

And HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Are you thankful for authors updating their fics? I know I'm thankful for reviews. :D *hint hint*

*****

Chapter Twenty Five - Winter, Part Four

Tony was staring at the arm he made when Elle left Bucky's room.

"How are you doing?" she asked softly, coming up beside him.

Instead, he looked at her and asked, "How can you like me?"

"Oh, honey," Elle said, pulling him into a hug. He wasn't quite sure why there was hugging, but he wasn't going to turn this down.

"You want to tell me what you're thinking?" she asked as she pulled out of the embrace.

Tony looked back at the arm he'd been building. "I wanted to kill him."

Elle sighed and smushed herself up against him. "That's why I told you ahead of time. There's nothing wrong with wanting to avenge your parents. You just didn't know how to target that feeling. But you know it's not Bucky's fault now."

"I'm starting to understand why you treat him a bit like a puppy," Tony said.

"Right?" She asked ecstatically. "He's like my child."

Tony felt his lips twitching and he let himself smile. "Are you just going to adopt all of us?"

"If that's what it takes," Elle said, patting his side and pulling out. "Come on, we should eat some food."

"And you're okay with leaving him alone?" Tony asked as he started going up the stairs.

"Yeah," Elle said, following him. Tony appreciated her walking with him instead of just teleporting. "I told him I'd get a bite to eat and to make him food. He knows to call me if something goes wrong, he remembers something, or he wants me there. So I left him to play Solitaire, like all old men."

Tony snorted. He remembered when he'd visit the other Commandoes as a child, with most of them playing card games as they ate, especially when they were all visiting one another. If only one of them was up, they'd play Solitaire. Uncle Jacque was the one who taught him how to play when he was around three.

Tony and Elle crossed the barrier that Elle had put down at the foot of the stairs, so the cats wouldn't go into the workshop. The cats were all waiting for them, meowing loudly as they followed the two of them to the counter.

"Greedy," Elle said fondly as she took out a can of wet food and split it up for them, using her magic to lower the bowls in a spread out manner.

Tony got out leftover spaghetti. "You want some?" he offered.

Elle shrugged. "Sure."

"So..." Tony drifted off. Elle stopped moving and raised an eyebrow at him, waiting. "What was that bit earlier?"

"My fault," Elle admitted, sighing. "But once it was done and he actually initiated a hug, he seemed a bit more at peace. I'm not surprised – he was probably on edge since he got here, especially after we were so nice."

"I can understand that," Tony muttered. "Anything good comes with consequences."

Elle gave him a hug again. "Try to get out of that mindset, alright?"