Chapter Twenty One - Friday, Part Four

So...

I saw Endgame.

That's why it's been so long. I've been getting my thoughts and feelings in order.

There will be no Endgame spoilers until it comes on DVD, even though Marvel has lifted the spoiler ban. Please do not put spoilers in the comments.

It will be fixed, though (Endgame was a wonderful mix of amazing and horrible). That's what fanfiction is for.

And a reminder (or just to let you know if you didn't) Elle has seen every movie up to Infinity War. Infinity War and everything after she knows nothing about (she will eventually, though (and if you read Ripples, yes, it will happen similarly)).

*****

Chapter Twenty One - Friday, Part Four

"You've been pretty quiet," I said as I helped him pack up another box. "What's on your mind?"

Tony said nothing.

After leaving the Parker's apartment, we returned to the mansion and began going through Howard's older junk and war memorabilia in case Steve and Bucky might eventually want them.

Tony still didn't respond, staring emptily into the box in front of him.

I paused. "Tony?"

He didn't look up.

I got up and approached him, sitting down across from him on the floor.

"I can't read minds, Tony," I reminded him. "Can you give me a peek of what you're thinking? It's probably wrong."

He snorted, but also finally met my eyes. He continued to stare at me for a bit while his finger twitched.

"Fine!" he snapped out. "I'm thinking about how this is really nice so far, but it won't be long until you leave. Everyone leaves."

"Tony, if for some reason I do need to leave, I'll always come back to you," I told him. "You're a Fairy now, and we stick together. Even if we need to separate for a bit, like we do now."

He did look pleased at that, before he deflated and asked, "What about if you die?"

I paused. This was something I hadn't really planned on telling anyone, but if it would make Tony feel better...

"So, about that..."

*****

Tony was completely, one hundred percent okay with this.

If anything, that was what was odd with this picture.

But every time a new worry popped up, Elle found a way to dismiss it.

He knew that JARVIS wasn't very happy with a random person coming out of nowhere with all of this knowledge, and Tony didn't really blame him. From an unbiased perspective, it certainly seems ridiculous, and like he shouldn't trust Elle.

But the more time he spent with her, the more he trusted her.

If anything, it was because she was so genuine.

When she was joking, she could barely keep a straight face before she'd bust out laughing. (Even earlier, when they'd been at the gala, he's pretty sure she was only able to keep a straight face because of the surprise appearance of a prince).