Chapter Seventeen - Montage, Part Two

Things I forgot to mention:

The idea of Tony in a blanket fort partly comes from the fic 'Why HYDRA Should Not Use FedEx'. That is the previously mentioned fic in which Jasper Sitwell accidentally finds out the Hydra thing is real, and not a prank. I recommend it, it's on AO3 and is only 15K.

Also this weekend I'm doing the 48 hour film festival!

Now have some crack.  (Also the picture is Marie)

*****

Chapter Seventeen – Montage, Part Two

I didn't end up having to Astral Project.

Thank God.

In addition to all my other problems with Astral Projecting, I always get weird dreams after, too. Laxus has never had a problem with it and Lucy and Jellal actually like their dreams.

But mine, especially mixed with the Eris I used earlier for the illusion? That's not something I'm looking forward to.

And yeah, maybe that makes me a bit of a baby, but sleep is important to me.

And I don't like to linger on Freed's theory, either.

But anyway.

Corvus showed up a few minutes after three, and sighed at the look on my face. "What do you want?"

"Virgo," I answered.

"Why Virgo?" he asked.

"We need to look good while we break society," I explained.

Tony snorted.

"You're going to need to channel," Corvus warned me.

I made a face, but held out a hand. "Fine."

"What does he mean by 'channel'?" Tony asked. "Are you sharing magic?"

"Kinda," I admitted. "Lucy's powerful enough and has strong enough contracts that all of her Zodiacs and Platinums can come out on their own, and spend a general amount of time out of the Celestial World. Virgo can come out on her own, too, which she probably will-"

"Actually, Princess says she'll support her," Corvus said, his eyes closed as he concentrated on his hand and mentally spoke to Lucy.

I sighed. "If Lucy really wants to. Virgo might be out for a few days, if she wants to keep working."

"Princess does," Corvus said. "And Virgo will."

"Corvus, and even the other Platinums can travel as they want, like through his shadows," I continued explaining to Tony. "While Virgo can travel, it's not extremely long distances. She can burrow underground, but there's no point in doing that in New Mexico and coming here. What I'm doing is localizing a signal; sending out a flare, basically. She's coming to me and-"

I grunted as the Celestial Spirit Magic hit me.

I honestly don't know how Lucy does this shit.

"-and I prop open the gate," I finished, as Virgo's magical circle appeared, before she shimmered into existence.

I relaxed as Virgo took the burden and passed it back to Lucy. "And then once she's in the right place, they'll take the magic back."

Tony was staring at Virgo. "Oh my god. It all makes sense."

"What does?" I asked.

"Of all the fictional universes out there, you decided to jump into anime?" he asked, gesturing to Virgo.