Chapter Twenty Two - Winter, Part One

Yes, it's pronounced the normal way. Also, a bit of a sneak peek for Ripples' Edolas Arc.

*****

Chapter Twenty Two - Winter, Part One

"What do you think?" I asked.

Tony looked up from his phone and stared at me.

"Well," Tony said. "You look...different."

I raised an eyebrow. "That's kind of the point."

"Still," he muttered, watching me put on the domino mask. "So, you and Virgo finally added magic to it?"

I nodded, securing it in place. "Yeah. And it shouldn't come off, either."

"This is only for the secret identity, right?" Tony asked.

I nodded. "That's why I've changed so much."

The bodysuit was a more muted color of purple than I would've liked, but it was still obviously purple. The boots I was wearing, given to me by Virgo, took off a good three inches of height, by making it compactible inside of the shoes.

"Why are you shorter?" Tony asked. "How are you shorter?"

"The boots are compacted," I said, jumping up and down. "While it's easy enough to adjust to the difference in height at first, it makes fighting a little difficult, so I need to practice before I actually fight them."

"But everything else is an illusion?" Tony asked.

I shrugged. "The one the mask uses to change the shape of my face is. The bodysuit is designed for more protection in a way that makes me look stockier."

Physically, it'd be a lot harder for them to match my new costume up to Elle Rigby. Now I'm 5'5", have a much curvier and buff body, and my face seems stretched out a bit longer. My mask also changes my eye color to brown, and I have my hair brown too, when it's in the ponytail.

"Okay, I'll admit it's kinda impressive," Tony said, circling me. "You really do look different. The height really helps."

I nodded. Height was important. That's why on bank exits, they have a strip that measures how tall you are. So, when the thief runs out the door, the bankers can tell the cops how tall they were. Height and build were one of the first things people notice about people who have hidden their identity. This alone should rule me out almost immediately, in case anyone gets suspicious about similar magic.

I put on the mask and pulled back my hair into a ponytail, changing it to a darker brown. Finally, I zipped up the rest of the suit and pulled up the hood in the back, which clicked into place around my head and the mask so it would stay in place.

"You can barely even see your hair," Tony commented, packing up another box.

I shrugged. "One last piece."

Finally, I requipped a staff that was compacted into about a foot. I clicked it into place and it extended from one foot to three, and then from three to six, before I turned it back down to three.