Chapter Eighteen - Friday, Part One

Alright guys, this is a longer chapter than normal because I decided that I'd jump straight to the ball (the vet can be told through flashbacks).

The picture is what Elle's hair would look like, except it would be more of a solid puprle (no blue) and the flowers aren't in yet.

Also, remember when I said that Elle and Laxus won't have a third joining them? That might be a lie. This sort of just happened, so...we'll see how it turns out. (To be fair, I didn't have a partner planned for this person yet anyway).

Enjoy the surprises!

*****

Chapter Eighteen - Friday, Part One

In the next couple of days, Tony and I finished up most of my plans for the next week or so, and Virgo and Tony continued to argue about my costume.

The superhero one, not the dress for the ball. That was taken care of pretty quickly.

Tony eventually won the argument in eventuality, but not for now. Considering the magic I was using, we hadn't done enough testing to create magic-proof clothing, so I'd be wearing Celestial Spirit armor for this run. He did style the design for me, though, and we started magic-testing Kevlar, which really just boiled down to me throwing magic at a mannequin wearing clothes.

We might have run out of mannequins.

So yeah, this might take awhile.

Anyway, Tony styled the suit and Virgo made it with Celestial Spirit armor until Tony was able to create one himself. It was designed similar to Natasha's formfitting style, except in purple.

"You want it to be the same color as your hair?" he deadpanned.

"Yes."

"And you don't think that will stick out?"

"You are not allowed to talk," I responded. "It's not like you have a stealth suit. And besides, I can use Pluto to sneak in," I shrugged. "But I need to make a scene. And besides, my hair won't actually be purple when I'm in costume. Virgo will take care of that."

And because why the hell not, I'm going to have two superhero identities. One of them (this one) will be a secret. The other, not so much.

I've been told I do things overboard, sometimes, but hey, I want to see what it's like to have a secret identity, too. Plus, there will be things I can do in my secret identity that I can't with my public one.

"Elle-sama, I have returned," Virgo announced, appearing out of thin air.

"Heart condition," I said, pointing at Tony.

Tony smiled. "You know, I actually think I'm getting used to it."

"Remember what I said about magic and frequencies?" I asked. He nodded. "That's why," I continued. "You can feel the adjustment of magic in the air."

"Does that mean you can't sneak up on me, if I get to used to it, then?" Tony asked.

I shook my head. "Shadow Magic would give me a bonus. Some people – not a lot, but a few mages – can sense when someone with Shadow Magic is there. But they're really sensitive and attuned to it. It's why we make Corvus appear at the front. Virgo is like the opposite. You can feel her magical presence from a while away – you can with most Celestial Spirit Magic, actually, because the opening of a gate is like...well, like a flare. Lucy's gotten pretty adept at hiding it in the middle of a combat situation, but it can stand out a lot normally, and now that she's more powerful it's actually a lot harder for her to try and hide it. Then again, Virgo is also appearing directly here. Corvus is still summoned in Roswell – he just comes here through shadows. So you don't feel his gate open."