Chapter Sixteen - Montage, Part One

Picture is Snowball (he is named after the Simpsons, I did not name him that!)

Happy Superbowl Sunday! Hope you enjoyed our minuscule TV spot for Endgame.

*****

Chapter Sixteen – Montage, Part One

"Launch!" Tony called.

I released my magic and the titanium ball flew through the air, flying towards a wall of metal.

It ripped straight through, leaving a hole in the middle.

"Jarvis?" Tony called.

"I'm afraid that is still not enough force as estimated," Jarvis said.

I sighed. "And it still ripped a hole straight through."

"Alright, let's upgrade to Titanium then," Tony muttered, grabbing a panel of wall and hauling it over to where we'd secure it into the ground.

The decision to calculate the force needed was probably the most troublesome part. I didn't know just how strong Bucky was, but I did know enough for us to get a rough estimate. After all – Steve could grab a helicopter with one arm and a bar with the other and hold it in place while the copter was actively trying to fly away.

With the help of Jarvis, Tony and I discovered the weight of the helicopter. After showing him the memory (and we both took a few seconds to appreciate Cap's physic) he took the acceleration speed (how fast it took for the copter to get in the air) and the deceleration speed (how quickly Cap pulled it to a stop) along with its weight in order to calculate the amount of force needed to hold the helicopter in place.

The problem is that even with this, and knowing the fact that Bucky is weaker than Steve, Bucky also had a metal arm. And the movies had shown that he didn't care about any damage to his body. Back in my first life, I saw a post on tumblr talk about the difference between the way that Steve and Bucky both land when they fall and how Steve lands lightly on his feet so his body doesn't take damage. Bucky, on the other hand, doesn't care and falls heavily on his feet (which is apparently really bad for the knees) and just focused on fulfilling his mission no matter the pain. So we also had to prepare for Bucky deciding to do something like that, and just plow through walls anyway.

Tony set the new wall in place and I grabbed a ball.

Tony and I had had an argument earlier, when he realized that I could make something out of nothing. I argued that magic was still energy, and I was using the energy to create something. He said that making gold was still cheating.

I pointed out that I don't really make gold, but he pointed out that I could and so it was cheating.

He might have a bit of a point.

Back in Fiore, if something was created with magic, it was priced differently (actually, it was usually more expensive, because items made with magic could usually be imbued with magical properties, so they could be turned into charms and such). As I mentioned to Tony, all living things have energy, and you can generally sense the energy coming from magic, like the humming of electricity.

Upon pointing that out, Tony got a bit happier, especially learning that he might be able to imbue energy (because magic is energy) in the metals.

Because we weren't testing the strength of magic, but just trying to build stable walls for Bucky, he instead forged the balls on his own, with regular metal. This is so we didn't need to worry about the extra factors caused by magic, because I was only using magic so I can mimic the strength caused by a super soldier hitting something with a metal arm. So the magic was used to throw the balls at high speed, rather than actually using the magic to attack the wall.