Chapter Twenty Seven - Visitors, Part One

Woohooo, time for the visiting arc! We're going to be meeting a lot of people in this arc :) Also my school is now entirely online and we're all fuCKED. ^_^

*****

Chapter Twenty Seven - Visitors, Part One

Tony stared at the donut.

Elle had came back down the previous night with some pizza, said some things about getting more food and going to bed, and then he spent like an hour ranting to Jarvis about HYDRA using sheet metal for their arm before he was hit with another maniac building session.

So he hadn't exactly gone to sleep, and he was pretty sure he might be dissociating a bit, but whatever.

Mostly, he was wondering where the donut came from, and if it was safe to eat.

If it was Elle, it was probably safe. If it was an old donut he had lost at some point...

It looked really, really good though. And it didn't smell old.

And it was from a box on the counter...

He decided to eat it anyway.

"Tony, what the hell are you doing?"

Tony looked up from where he stood beside the kitchen island, pausing. "Eating a donut," he mumbled with his mouth full. "JARVIS, why didn't you tell me Shar-bear was here?"

"I did tell you, Sir. You were preoccupied with your donut."

Tony nodded. That explains it.

Sharon Carter crossed her arms and stared at him. "I meant, with Aunt Peggy. Why are you having her move here?"

"What's going on?" Elle asked, stepping down the stairs and yawning.

Absentmindedly, Tony wondered if Elle conserved more calories by getting up from her bed and walking downstairs, or through teleportation. Which would be easier? Or should she not teleport when she's tired? Could Elle splinch herself? He knew that Elle's teleportation wasn't Apparating (wrong fandom, and for one, she did it silently) but she was still moving her body through a different space, so could she leave something behind?

While he mulled this over, Sharon looked back and forth between Elle and Tony with a laugh. "Oh, you slept the same girl more than once? She must really be good, then."

Elle crossed her arms, which also looked slightly ridiculous because –

"What happened to your hair?"

Hmm. Was it bad that he was thinking more about the teleportation thing and calories than her hair? It was rather noticable, and he hadn't noticed it at first glance. Tony didn't really know if this was normal because by now he was usually drunk or hungover. Instead, he had survived off of coffee. Maybe that was why?

Elle scowled at Tony, as she gingerly swept her hair over her shoulder, wincing when her finger caught a large knot in it. "Marie's got claws, that's what. She's become a real feisty little thing. And you didn't notice it yesterday."

"Oh?" Sharon asked meanly. Tony tried not to jump - he'd nearly forgotten she was there. Maybe he should tone down on the coffee?...nah. "Marie? So you got a threesome Tony, good on you!"

Elle started laughing. "You think...Marie?..." She started cracking up.

Tony was having a better time hiding his smile.

"I don't see what's so funny," Sharon said.

Elle straightened, and called, "Ten hut! Everybody, line up! Sound off!"