Chapter Fifteen - Rhodey, Pepper and Happy, Part Two

Picture of Milo^.  

Alright...news.

So, apparently, my carpal tunnel went from being 'a slight nuisance after writing a few sentences by hand' to 'acute pain unable to bend my wrist in any direction and constantly throbbing'. So yeah. That's a thing. My doctor says that I'm lucky that I manage to type in a certain way, because my habits stop it from agitating my wrist. I've been wearing a brace a few days, and it's been getting better, though, so at least there's that.

But here's a chapter that's bigger than usual, so at least there's that! :)

*****

Chapter Fifteen - Rhodey, Pepper and Happy, Part Two

"Alright, I'm twenty years old," I said, "And I'm married to a wonderful man who's currently on the other side of the country. Sorry guys, none of you are our type."

"Our?" Pepper squeaked.

I shrugged. "We're open to other people joining us. Depends on the situation. If we both fall in love with someone, or one of us falls in love with someone, then we'll talk it out. Polyamorous relationships are mostly pushed off, but they should be taken much more seriously. Plus, I find that communication makes things so much easier. Where I come from, there's a group of kids that I would bet all of Tony's money would end up in a poly relationship when they're all older."

The four were staring at me, even Tony.

"Right, it's 2010," I sighed. "Anyway, continuing on. As Rhodey has already heard, I know the future and also have magic. Those are not as related as you think; my magic doesn't allow me to see the future. Also, it's only a possible future. Now that we've come and started fucking things up, we're already on a different path."

The other three stared at me, Tony no longer surprised. I floated a cake slice over to Happy.

"Are you an alien?" Rhodey finally asked.

"No, I'm not an alien, yes, this is my real hair color," I answered. "And in the future, I will be teaching 'How to Care for your Pet Genius 101'."

"Hey!" Tony said.

I paused in my cutting. "I guess this slice is for me, then?"

His eyes widened. "No, please Elle!"

"It can't be that good," Rhodey said.

"Then I'll just take yours!" Tony shouted.

I used my magic to push him back down onto the seat. "Bad Tony. Now you really shouldn't get another piece of cake, I was just teasing originally. No stealing."

"Please!" Tony whined.

"No," I said, turning and putting the cake back in the fridge. "Jarvis, are their electronic locks on the fridge door?"

"Yes, there are," Jarvis said. "Would you like me to regulate them, Mrs. Dreyar?"

"Yes, please," I said, closing the door. "Tony needs someone else if he wants to get in."

"Understood."

"Traitors!" Tony shouted, sinking down in his chair.

"I don't get what you're making such a big deal about," Rhodey complained, finally taking a bite. He swallowed it. "Okay, now I'm starting to see it."

"He's my best friend, we steal food from each other all the time," Tony complained.

"Is he alright with that?" I asked.