IMAGINE: Shannon being the ultimate fighting champion!

A/N: This is one of my favourite ever GIFs of Shannon, I mean damn look at him. So yeah, fun fact, I'm a martial artist! I've been doing karate for a few years and I am so close to doing my black belt I can't wait. When I watch or take part in sparring I always wonder what it would be like to fight Jared or Shannon ;) see also: Hurricane music video lol!

 When I watch or take part in sparring I always wonder what it would be like to fight Jared or Shannon ;) see also: Hurricane music video lol!

I was sat in the second row, next to Jared. This was the first time I had watched Shannon fight for real in the ring. He was bouncing up and down, light as a feather when I'd wished him luck and kissed him backstage. But now I was nervous.

Jared had his arm round me. "He'll kick the shit out of the guy, don't worry, Y/N."

I'd seen him shadow boxing so many times and I'd often watch him practice at home on the punch bag. I loved the way he was always covered in sweat and the way he banged his sparring gloves together, all fired up and ferocious.

"Laaaaaadieeeeeees aaaaaaaaaaaaand gentlemeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!" A fat, grey haired compere appeared from nowhere, sweating in his tuxedo, and bellowing into a microphone. "Welcome to the seventeenth annual New York City sparring championships FINAL!"

Oh God... I thought to myself, it's time. I took a deep breath and clapped.

The eerie first few notes of David Guetta's version of My Baby Shot Me Down began to play over the loud speakers...

"In the blue corner... he's our very own Rocky Balboa... took him all of three blocks to get here tonight. All the way from Hell's Kitchen, New York would you please make some noise for Rex 'Shotgun' Shields!"

Thousands of fans were screaming, waving huge blue foam fingers and chanting 'shotgun' over and over which made me wince. He was clearly the favourite and being on home turf would give him that edge of extra confidence. But my faith was always in Shannon to do his best.

Jared nudged me. "Look at this motherfucker." He laughed.

This tank of a guy swaggered out from behind the screen in his stupid blue cape. He stood, nodded arrogantly and flexed his muscles as the bass dropped. 

I clapped politely but rolled my eyes as the music died down and the fans settled.

"Aaaaaand in the red corner... he's flown here today all the way from Los Angeles, California... the man thinks he can take on Rex ... let's see what he's made of... would you please make some noise for Shannon 'Shanimal' Leto!"

Conquistador boomed over the speakers as Shannon made his entrance, and to my surprise he received an adequate reception. There were a few Echelon up on the balcony chanting along we will rise again and this is a fight to the death... 

"Woo! That's my song! That's my brother!" Jared clapped and yelled. I shook my head laughing.

"Go on Shannon!" The stranger on the other side of me roared. I tried to shut them out, concentrating on Shannon staying safe, and hoping he would leave with his face in tact. Not that I could do anything to stop it from happening. But no matter how much I wanted to offer my support, I stayed silent.