IMAGINE: The return of your hot co-worker Shannon

A/N: SORRY ITS BEEN SO LONG OH MY GOD. MY LIFE IS SO DIFFERENT NOW. I SORT OF ACCIDENTALLY GOT STUCK IN A ROOM WITH A GORGEOUS MAN LIKE A FEW CHAPTERS BACK AND NOW WE LIVE TOGETHER. WTF?!?! p.s. he's not Shannon Leto

Your manager is getting married. It seems only polite that you attend the reception as he had invited the entire office to the evening celebrations, and everyone else was going. You really aren't feeling it, though. He is a douchebag and your colleagues aren't exactly your best mates, but it was a good excuse to get dressed up. 

When you get to the venue, the party is already loud and people are dancing. You quickly find your team mates, Monica and Sabrina, who are the only ones you don't mind hanging out with. You get some drinks and go to find the bride and groom to offer your congratulations and give  gifts.

The three of you take some stupid photos in the photo-booth to stick into the guestbook, and as you emerge from the booth, you see him.

He raises his hand to acknowledge you. His hair is smoothed back and he is wearing a smart, sharp suit. You wonder what the hell he is doing here. He only worked at your place for a few days helping Craig in the warehouse, but there he is. The chemistry between you instantly returns for the few seconds you make eye contact.

"Y/N?" You hear Sabrina calling for your attention in the background but you are dazed. 

You try to lip-read Shannon as he cocks his head to one side to talk to Craig. He nudges him and you squint to see what they are saying. Craig doesn't realise for a second what is happening and then he catches your gaze and grins. He nods at Shannon and they both swig their drinks. 

You know they're talking about you.

You dance with Monica and Sabrina for as long as possible so that you don't look desperate because you want him to make the move if anything is going to happen. He keeps looking over and then the second you edge away from the dance floor to sit at a table, he moves in.

"Hey." He says, taking your arm. "Allow me." He takes your drink from your hand as you remove your bag over your head and sit down.

"Well look who it is. Thank you, Shannon."

He looks at you sideways, his eyes glittering with interest. "You having a good night?"

"Yeah, it's alright." You say. "Didn't really want to come to be honest, but..."

"But here you are." He nods.

You look up at him from under your heavy fake eyelashes. "Here I am."

You reach under the table and pull out the bridal bouquet. His eyes grow wide.

"And I caught this."

"Well then allow me to whisk you away..."

He leans in to you a little and you catch his scent. You wonder what the hell he is going to do as he reaches inside his lapel and pulls out a cigarette. He holds it up with a quizzical eyebrow. You know he is offering it to you, but you play him.

"That's a cigarette, Shannon."

He grins slowly. "No shit. Do you wanna smoke one with me?"

"Smoking is disgusting... but I'll be happy to accompany you outside for some fresh air if you're headed that way." You feel your heart racing but you try not to show it.

Shannon smirks and offers his arm. 

"Okay senorita." 

You look at him like he is insane but you love it. He wiggles his arm in the air as if to say don't leave me hanging and so you take it. You catch Monica and Sabrina's eyes as he leads you across the room and out the door. You shrug at them, completely helpless - allowing yourself to be taken by Shannon.

"So it's been a while Y/N. How have you been?" He leans on the wall and lights up the cigarette. You frown at the question and think carefully before answering.

"Same old shit show. The groom is an asshole and I'm severely overworked and underpaid. What's new with you?"

He laughs at your response and taps the ash off the cigarette. 

"Nothing to shout about." He looks at the ground.

"Shannon?"

He rubs his nose. "Yeah... I didn't call you and..."

"It's cool."

"No, it's not. It's not cool, Y/N. I completely understand if you really don't like me. I was surprised to see you... and you know, I expected you to totally ignore my ass. I would."

"Did you ever speak to Craig about ... me?"

He cocks his head and blows out some smoke.

"Sure."

"What did he say?"

He smirks again and leaves the cigarette hanging out of his mouth. "He said I was punching."

You scoff. "Whatever."

"No for real." He nods. "He thinks you're too good for someone like me. That I'll wind up hurting your feelings or some shit."

"Well, it did sting a little after you left the job and you didn't call me." You cross your arms and wait for him to fight his corner, but he doesn't. "But it's okay, Shannon. I don't hold grudges. If it's meant to be then it's meant to be... and if it's not... then..."

He takes you by the shoulders. "I had no idea you'd be here." He breathes, rubbing his thumbs gently in circles over the straps of your dress, teasing underneath and letting them snap back into place.

You gaze up into his eyes, fighting the urge to touch him. "So?"

"So maybe it's meant to be." He whispers, crushing the cigarette under his shoe. You look down at the floor in disgust, then you look back up at him with one eye closed. 

"Prove it then."

His nostrils flare with a little frustration, but he doesn't pause for long. His rough hands slide back under the straps of your dress, gently massaging your shoulders. You grip the silk lining of his suit jacket in return.

"No fucking about this time." He whispers. "Just give me another chance. Please." He presses his cold forehead against yours. "You caught those shitty flowers after all."

There's no way in hell you'd refuse the Shanimal, right? ;) unfff