Back To the Burrow

They were late. the Weasley's were late, and I knew if I had to listen to another insult come out of Uncle Vernon's mouth I would walk to the burrow myself. He had already insulted their clothing, status, and their manners; and even though Harry and I knew none of it to be true it still enraged us to hear our own family insult the Weasley's

I sat in the living room unable to pull myself from my aunt and uncle's stares like Harry did, so I sat and stared back praying the Weasley's would show up soon. Uncle Vernon broke off into another tangent, and I really wanted to yell at Harry to come suffer through this torture with me, but my lips somehow sealed themselves in situations like these.

The sound of bodies dropping rang through the livingroom the Dursley's tripping over themselves to get away from the fireplace were the sound seemed to come from. While I stood up approaching the fireplace with a fond smile caressing my lips because I knew what was hiding behind the fake fireplace.

Harry too approached the fireplace as arguing started to sound behind the false fire the simple mention of Fred's name setting my cheeks on fire as the family began to pound on the fireplace.

"What's going on?" Uncle Vernon demanded still keeping his distance, but now he's protectively standing in front of Aunt Petunia as if the red heads stuck in there fireplace would harm them. "They traveled by floo powder..." Harry's voice continues in the background as he tries to explain the concept, and not wanting to be the rebound of Uncle Vernon's anger I knelt before the fireplace.

"Mr. Weasley can you hear me?" I asked tentatively only smiling when I hear him shushing the boys, and I can picture there glares and smirks disappearing as there dad gives them the look. "The fireplace has been blocked up Mr. Weasley there's no way for you to get through." I ignored his cursing and animated ranting gesturing for Harry to come join me and help figure out how to get them out.

"They've got an electric fire" Harry adds responding to Mr. Weasley when I never do, and that sends the curious grown man off on another rant as he forgets the predicament they're in only stopping when another thud sounds from above. "What are we doing here?" Ron's voice whines the arguing starting all over again as they try to readjust.

"Oh no Ron, this is exactly where we wanted to end up" Fred deadpans and my smile brightens hearing his voice reminding me how much I missed his sarcasm and wit over summer. George continues with the banter, but I can't hear him as well as if he's squished under both his siblings.

"Boys, I'm trying to think, and I believe there's only one way... Harry, Leah stand back." We move just in time as the electric fire soars through the living room despite Vernon's protests throwing the soot covered red heads out with it. "Oh you must be Harry and Leah's Aunt and Uncle, it's so nice to finally meet you."

I help George and Fred off the ground wanting to give them both the biggest hug, but one glance behind me to see uncle Vernon's blazing eyes and I know better. However the older twins don't seem to mind, and they pull me into a bone crushing, breath taking hug.

I could only hope my Aunt and Uncle were to distracted by Mr. Weasley's long and tedious explanation of how you travel by floo to notice. "Hello kids, got your trunks ready?" My. Weasley asked once he realized the muggles were never going to talk to him.

"They're upstairs" Harry stated.

"I'll go get them" I quickly added on wanting to leave privet drive as soon as possible. "We'll help" Fred continued his voice eager and fast, and I try my best to ignore Harry's questioning glare as Fred drags a taken back George to me.

From the corner of my eye I see, George wiggle his eyebrows with a few winks nodding his head toward me, and Fred smacks his shoulder silently trying to make him stop. However George retaliates by kicking his twin starting a silent all out war and I'm sure they thought that I wouldn't notice. However I saw everything the blush from earlier still hidden by my light brown curls.

"George how's Mara I haven't heard anything from her all summer?"I turn into the room to see surprise and fear flash through his eyes that I wasn't expecting. "I thought you would've heard from her she's your best friend."

"And you're her boyfriend" I shoot back pointedly trying not to show them how much I'm freaking out. Surely her family wouldn't have found out so quickly. There was only a week left of school when her and George kissed, and Draco was never around so there was no one to tell her parents. But what if they did know she was so scared of what they would do to her if they found out.

"Fred can you help me with mine?" I asked snapping out of my head reminding myself that she's a big girl and can handle herself. "Well what about me?" George scoffed looking at Harry's rather large trunk a few giggles escaping my lips as he gapes at Harry's trunk.

"You'll figure it out mate" George's other half laughed while helping me with my own rather large trunk downstairs. "How was your summer?" The red head asked when he realized I was anxiously looking around. "Same as always, but the food you guys sent made it so much more bearable." I whisper the last part leaning in as much as I could not wanting to be the reason the floorboards get nailed down next summer.

"Well we'd do anything for you... You guys" he rambles George snorting as he follows behind us, but I don't mind after nearly four years I'm used to the way the brothers behave and it reminds me of Harry and I.

When the three of us get back downstairs Dudley has now joined the party, but he doesn't seem to thrilled about it and inched his way closer to his parents. I tried not to laugh as the older twins shared matching evil grins because I could only imagine what they were plotting.

"Whatever you two are planning think again" I growl so only they can hear, but like always they don't listen. Harry looks to me with a worried look, and all I can do is shrug. The Dursley's already hate wizards and magic what can a little prank from Fred and George do.

"Incendio!" We all turn to the fireplace where green flames are now crackling with life heating up the whole room. "Okay Fred you're first." Just as he steps up a bag of candy slips from his pocket toffees spilling everywhere, and when I go to unwrap one he quickly snatches it from my grasp muttering something I can't hear.

He takes my trunk ignoring my protests, and steps into the flames before I can snatch it back. He shoots me a wink that I'm positive everyone saw before yelling the burrow and disappearing. I would never admit it but I took pleasure in Aunt Petunia's horrified gasp as Fred vanished, and the sight of the slightest magic made me want to leave even more.

While Uncle Vernon had always been the cruelest to Harry, Aunt Petunia had always made my life a living hell and I think it's because I remind her a lot of my mom. Not only do I look exactly like her with my father's hair color, but she's told me on several occasions that I act just like her much to her annoyance.

George and Ron disappeared as well with a whoosh, and I could tell Harry was itching to leave just as much as I was, so we could properly greet our friends without our so called family watching. "See ya next summer" we chorused darting for the fireplace already fighting over who gets to go first, but Mr. Weasley clears his throat halting our advances on each other.

"They said goodbye surely you heard them" Mr. Weasley continued his voice rather calm despite the confusion and awe in his eyes. "It doesn't matter" Harry grumbles and I place my hand on his shoulder hoping he'll relax under my touch. "We could care less" I add hoping Mr. Weasley will not turn this into a big debacle, but at the same time I want someone to call Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon on there crap.

"You aren't going to see them until next summer I'm sure you want to say goodbye." Mr. Weasley was still giving them a chance, but I could tell Uncle Vernon did not appreciate a low life wizard telling him what to do. "Goodbye" he finally states glaring holes through both of us, and I mutter a rather cheerful goodbye considering the situation before stepping into the green flames.

"The burrow!" I cry as soon as I hear gagging break out in the living room because I don't want to be stuck with an angry Petunia and Vernon because of something the twins did, and I can only hope Harry follows right after me.