Surving the Task

Mara's POV

"You need to play to your strengths Leah" I sigh reading through the hexes book for the fifth time trying to help her find something. "But what are my strengths?" She asks with a groan earning a slow and drawn out eye roll form me.

"You're amazing at potions, transfiguration, charms there's got to be something you can do" I argue although I highly doubt we can feed a dragon a potion, or some of Snape's poison.  "Why do I feel like none of that will work against a dragon? It's not like I can turn a dragon into a cup it's way to big."

"Well then let's keep looking" I soothe honestly the only reason I'm here is to make sure she stays on track, and doesn't lose her mind. She takes a deep breath forcing herself to look away from the daunting pile of books before she focuses on the one in her hands seeming more calm.

Although that only lasts a few minutes because she throws her book down clasping a hand over mouth as to not make a ruckus, once a rule follower always a rule follower. "This is impossible, I'm sure all the other champions know what they're going to do including Harry!" She cries quietly however no one is here, and I highly doubt Madam Pince would mind since she too knows how unstable Leah can get.

"Well why didn't you accept Mad-eye's offer?" I challenge because he definitely would've been more help than I am. "Because I don't trust him, and you're supposed to be the beast expert." She states matter of factly her eyes glaring at me over the top of her book warning me to get back to work.

"Well a dragons weakness is within their eyes, but blinding it will just aggravate it and send it on a blind rampage." I explain stopping once I see her tired stressed green eyes. "Thanks that solved nothing."

I pause my finger still running over charms. "I know you need support, but the longer we sit here the more I believe you're going to die."
------------------------------------------------------------------

Leah's POV

I was sitting in the library running through the several spells I had prepared, each for a different scenario, when Professor Snape entered looking quite out of it. "Miss. Potter it's time for the champions to head down to the grounds." He explains refusing to look at me as I reluctantly return the books.

We silently walk through the castle my nerves getting the best of me while he looks straight ahead not seeming to be in the mood to talk. "Can I drop my things off in my room?" I ask quietly holding up my quills and other supplies, and he stiffly nods.

I quickly jog up the stairs taking them two at a time, and I make it there in record time my mind racing the whole time so I can barely focus. I reach my room and put my things in their proper places, and I'm about to run out when I see a apple lying across my bed. I pick it up pealing off the note that's attached to it cautiously reminding myself of Snow White and what happened to her.

I don't want to come off as creepy, but I noticed you barely ate at breakfast. I know you usually don't accept things from strangers, because you're overly paranoid, but trust me on this one.

I flip the note over looking for a sign as to who left it, but there's none. I turn to leave not one for eating food given to me by strangers despite what the note said because that's something a creepy person would say, but my stomach growls in protest despite the sick feeling still in my gut.

So I pick up the light red apple, and force myself to take a bite before I can back out. Whoever left it clearly knows me since I only eat light red apples, and I am overly paranoid.

Heck I'm paranoid about why this person knows me so well.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Mara's POV