True Colors

Mara's POV

I continue to write more and more letters for each of my friends even though I know father has banned me from owling anything. Of course that didn't stop all the letters George sent me, and luckily Ron's new owl, pigwideon, was just small enough so he could get through the bars that crossed my window.

I should honestly continue reading the legilimens book Dumbledore gave to me once he figured about my unique abilities towards the end of my first year, but I can't help but go over every single letter George has sent me. Besides I can keep my curious mind under control now unless someone right next to me is feeling a very deep emotion, and it travels to the edge of there mind where mine can pick up on it.

Over the last three years I've only had a few major catastrophes, and the only person that knows is Dumbledore and I plan to keep it that way for as long as I can. Imagine it, people already hate me for my family, do you think they would take lightly to the idea of a Malfoy with the ability to read there mind?

I sigh reading the I love you over and over until the throbbing above my forehead stops. While my heart beats a little faster everytime I reread one of his letters I was still worried that Leah hadn't gotten the chance to write, but then again she might be in the same predicament I'm in.

I was so distracted reading George's most recent letter saying how his father got tickets for the quidditch world cup and he was hoping I would find a way to make it, I didn't notice Draco throw my door open until he roughly snatched the piece of parchment from my hands.

My body went rigid as he read the letter the farther he got the harsher his breathing got. "Why on Earth is Weasel writing you?" I stumble over my words trying to find a believable reason, but Draco pulls me up from my desk and spins me around so I'm facing him. Again I freeze because never have I seen Draco so pissed before, and for the first time in my life I was actually scared of what my own twin might do.

"Don't tell me he still fancies you?" He scoffs and I gulp trying to put some space between us, but he locks onto my arm holding me in my spot. I wasn't ready to tell my family actually I was hoping I wouldn't have to tell them at all. That I would just sneak out one night to the Burrow, and Draco would find out when we got back to school and of course he would tell my parents. In the end I would never have to see them again if they weren't happy because Arthur and Molly already told me I could stay with them.

However things never played out that well at least not for me.

"Answer me Mara! Why is a Weasel writing to you saying how much he misses you, how much he wishes you were with him, and inviting you to a match that we already are going to?" I yank my arm away forcefully holding back my tears refusing to give him that satisfaction. Be brave I remind myself over and over. God Mara you're known for your bravery, so why can't you stand up to your stupid brother I shout at myself.

"He's my boyfriend" I whisper waiting for him to do something, but instead he storms out of the room.

How could she love a stupid blood traitor more than her own brother?

"Draco..." I cry his name dying on my tongue once I realize he's already gone probably marching straight up to father's office with my letter, and it hits me I need to leave now because if I don't my dad will most likely lock me in the dungeons until I promise to stop hanging out with mudbloods and blood traitors.

So I quickly grab my trunk shoving everything I can in it. Clothes, robes, all of my utensils, my books on legilimens, and all of the pictures I've taken over the last few years. There's one of all of us with the house cup, one of Harry, Ron and I playing chess, a few of Hermione, and Leah and I goofing off, and one that I took myself where George is kissing my cheek.