A Proposition

Leah's POV

I'm trying to pack my trunk to return to Privet Drive, but almost everything I touch reminds me of something and I have to stop each time. However picking up my copy of Bridge to Terabethia is what really ruins my plans.

I don't cry, there's no more tears left after these painful last few weeks, but I do grip the book against my chest and hug it as if I were hugging him. I remember the words his mother told me, and a soft smile makes its way to my lips.

"He was very fond of you dear, he had a special place in his heart just for you."

And then she left consoling her still sobbing husband and I desperately wanted to do more.

I carefully set the book in my chest and I hurried down to the Great Hall. I didn't want to go, and I haven't for weeks, but tonight I have no choice.

I stop midway down the steps when I see Cho standing among her friends right outside the Great Hall, and I know I still have one thing to do.

"Hi... Cho." I whisper looking down under her friends gazes. "Could you guys give us a minute?" She asks politely but I can tell she's trying her best to keep it together like I am. "I just wanted to say..."

"Thank you."

I pause looking up at her and that's when I see the small forming tears in the corners of her eyes. "What?" I question nervously locking my hands together so they stop shaking. "I know you're the one that helped him ask me to the ball, you're the one that helped him with the first task, you helped him through this last one, and you brought him back. You risked your life so we could have some kind of closure."

"But..." She stopped me pulling me into a gentle hug, and with her arms wrapped around my neck is when I realized her whole body was shaking. "I'm not going to say it's going to get easier because I don't want to lie to you."

"I wouldn't expect you too." She states giving me a forced smile, but I've been doing a lot of that too.

"There will be days, even years from now, where you'll want to share something with him and then you'll realize you can't, and nothing will ever hurt more than that. But one day you'll tell stories of him and maybe there will be tears, but you'll also be smiling and he's just waiting for all of us to get to that point."

She nods tears now falling down her cheeks in huge droplets and I awkwardly pat myself down wishing I had a hankie so I hand her the end of my robe, and she's so distraught and tired she doesn't notice.

I carefully grip her shoulders and lead her into the bustling Great Hall taking her over to her friends. "Thank you."

"I'm always here he'd want us to stick together."
------------------------------------------------------------------

Mara's POV

"Thought we'd see what these three were up to." Fred stated matter of factly stepping on Goyle as he pulled Leah into the compartment who chose to step over. However George and I both stepped on my brother our wands still out and I can see our friends all have theirs out as well.

"Interesting effect." George muttered picking up Crabbe's face so I could see and bent down to get a better look while our friends turned away in disgust. "Who used the Furnunculus Curse?" I asked through a chuckle.

Harry raised his hand, and I give him a high five. "Brilliant," I muttered looking at Draco wishing I had a camera so I could savor this forever. "I used Jelly-Legs so I don't think those two mix. He seems to have sprouted little tentacles all over his face.
Well, let's not leave them here, they don't add much to the decor."