She Deserves Better

Leah's POV

I'm sitting off to the side of the Great Hall squished between the twins my brother and Ron in front of us resembling fan girls at a concert. The lights are dim and everyone is buzzing with excitement making guesses on who the champions will be, even Fred and George seemed to have gotten over the disappointment and are now rooting for Angelina, much to Mara's distaste.

I feel neutral in the whole debacle, while Angelina and her friends have never been cruel to me they've never given Mara, my best friend, a chance. Honestly though no one outside our small group of friends has ever given Mara a chance scared that as soon as they do she'll stab them in the back.

It doesn't help that I've always been slightly jealous of Angelina and the way Fred occasionally gravitates to her. I know petty, but she's older with natural beauty and a fuller figure while I'm his barely fourteen year old friend.

"Now the moment you've all been waiting for, the champion selection!" Dumbledore booms coming down from his seat at the head table everyone quieting down as he does. Always being one for dramatics he turns around the room all the candles burning out as he does so.

The blue flames burning from the goblet turn red and a small piece of parchment shoots through Dumbledore easily catching it. "The Drumstrang champion is... Victor Krum!" I clap lightly for him rolling my eyes as Ron's fangirling increases, but everyone else seems to be doing the same.

"The Beauxbaton champion is... Fleur Delacour!" Dumbledore booms once the cheering dies down, but announcing this even more commotion breaks out. Several girls from Beauxbaton are crying so distraught from not being the most suited, and several guys nearly fall off there seats following Fleur with there eyes.

She too disappeared into the chamber the noise going with her because all of the Hogwarts students were to tense to breathe driving themselves crazy over who the champion was going to be.

"The Hogwarts champion is... Cedric Diggory!" Again I clapped forcing a thumbs up when he looks at me because he looks ecstatic. I wouldn't consider Cedric one of my best friends, but we've gotten a lot closer and saying I'm worried is an understatement.

But I'm sure he got chosen because he's the most qualified.... Right?

"Look Harry your sisters officially betrayed us" Ron groans and that's when I notice other than Hermione and Mara no one around us is clapping. "I'm allowed to have friends Ron" I respond calmly ignoring the twins identical glares.

"I thought we were your friends?" George mock pouts jabbing my side like a child, and I laugh because I know he's just playing around. "We were until she decided she needed someone to discuss literature with, and share intellectual conversations with that she believes none of us will understand?" Fred glowers glaring right through me.

"Sounds like someone's jealous" Mara chimes in jabbing Fred like George did to me. They really are made for each other....

I'm about to respond when my eyes catch the goblet blue flames once again turning red, and two pieces of parchment shoot out right into Dumbledore's awaiting hand.

Oh god... But that's not possible I didn't put our names in and neither did Harry, but when two pieces of parchment come out when they're not supposed to there only seems to be one viable explanation. Still it's not possible...

"Harry and Leah Potter!"

Shit...

I'm unsure how much time passes that I just blankly stare Dumbledore down refusing to move, and refusing to look at anyone else. "Leah... Go on" Fred whispers my eyes frantically looking up at him almost begging to not make me go. His own eyes look just as worried, and I'm sure now he feels all the fear that I've felt for him.