It All Comes Down To This

He blew into his whistle and I took off only stopping once I'm so far into the maze I can no longer see the light from the stands.

I sharply turned left just as the whistle went off signalling Harry and Cedric had entered as well. I slowed down to a jog following the random twists and turns all while staying alert. The whistle blew again signalling Krum had entered and shortly after Fleur joined us.

Then it went silent, and it terrified me how easy this task was appearing to be. I was just waiting for a skrewt to pounce on me and swallow me whole.

I make several more turns using the moon and constellations as a compass of some sort, thank Godric for astronomy class. Then I turn again coming face to face with a huge blast-ended skrewt. "Reducto!" I shout but the spell bounces off the shell hitting the hedge a huge explosion going off.

I duck the pieces of the hedge barely missing me, and the demon spawn lunges for me. I try to run but it successfully grabs my calf tripping me my face colliding with ground. I bite my lip muffling my scream and I try to desperately kick it off of me while trying to reposition myself.

"Relashio." I groan out once my wand hand is free and it immediately lets go giving me enough time to stand up, but I collapse back down my head still pounding and my calf still throbbing.

It charges for me again once it's out of it's state of shock, but I'm faster. "Petrificus totalus!" And I guess Merlin decided to be on my side because the spell hits the poor creature between the armour and it freezes up it's entire body tensing. Breathing I briefly touch my forehead to see there's a scratch lining it, and I'm sure a bruise is forming.

I jump through the hole in the hedge and take off trying my best to run with blood spilling from my leg only stopping when someone releases a shrill scream. "Fleur!" I cry no longer caring about the task I just have to make sure she's okay. While I'm running tripping over my feet as I go I bump into someone both of us falling.

"Leah, are you alright?"

"Harry!" I cheer delighted to see my brother. "I'm fine, but Fleur's not." I explain and he just nods telling me he knows. "You keep going this way and I'll go this way, keep your eyes open for her but still be aware of everything else." He explains kissing my forehead as a way to relax me since he can probably sense the fear rolling off me.

I keep going for about ten minutes nothing attacking me, but then I hear Cedric crying in pain, but I'm at a dead end in the maze. "Reducto!" I point my wand at the hedge remembering what happened earlier, and even though the hole isn't as big I still make it through.

I make a sharp turn to my left my throat getting tighter the longer I go without seeing him. Then I heard Harry's voice and I picked up my pace running right into both of them hovering over a stunned Krum. "Thank Godric you're both okay." I sighed running up to both of them and giving them a hug.

"What happened?" I ask leaning forward to catch my breath before wrapping them both up in a quick individual hug. "he crept up behind me. ... I heard him, I turned around, and he had his wand on me..." He explained still visibly trembling.

"I can't believe this... I thought he was all right," Harry scowled and we both looked down at his unmoving body. Shivering I turned away scanning the area to make sure nothing was sneaking up on us. "So did I," said Cedric.

"Did you hear Fleur scream earlier?" I asked hoping he had some news. "Yeah," he said sighing running a hand through his hair something crossing his face. "You don't think Krum got her too?"

"I don't know." Harry responded for me my own words stuck in my throat. "Should we leave him here?" Cedric muttered looking between the both of us skeptically.
"No," Harry and I agreed at the same time. "I reckon we should send up red sparks. Someone will come and collect him... otherwise he'll probably be eaten by a skrewt."