Pushing Limits

Leah's POV

I could barely focus on my classes today including potions and herbology which are my favorites. Mainly because I've always had a natural talent, in fact I'm so good at potions that not even Professor Snape can hate me. However today I was pressing his buttons when I was beating the crap out of all the ingredients without even realizing it, but I couldn't stay focused not after what Harry told me about Sirius.

"Miss Potter, it's your turn" Professor Moody interjects pulling me out of my daze. I nod striding forward with a polite smile definitely still feeling really uncomfortable in his class. You might say I'm jumping to conclusions, but there's something off about Professor Moody and Harry agrees with me. However we don't have enough proof to say anything so I've convinced him to keep quiet and be polite, besides it's best to pounce on someone when they believe you're friends.

"Imperio!"

I look around in confusion when I hear a faint voice pushing through my thoughts, but I can't hear it at first like my worries about my homework are louder than the voice. Then everything I was just thinking of vanishes as an oddly happy sensation takes over my body.

"Do the splits..."

What? Why on earth would I do the splits when I can't even do them? I ask Mad-eye's voice feeling quite annoyed with the situation, but before I can do anything else my legs are sliding out from under me. No this is ridiculous, I internally argue grabbing a hold of the nearest desk fighting against my legs that still want to do the splits.

"Very good Leah you've almost got it" Professor Moody's voice rings out through the classroom barely louder than the voice still urging my legs to do the splits. I grip the desk fighting against my flailing legs that will pull me down one second and then come up the next.

"No, I don't want to, and I don't have to!" I cry finally breaking through the voice my thoughts returning as my vision focuses back on the room of my shocked classmates. I feel oddly out of breath for doing nothing but fight my own body, and Mad-eye hobbles over just as excited as he was with Harry.

I hesitantly stand back up not fully trusting my legs as if they'll try pulling me back down at any second. "Very good Leah , and now we build from that." He pats my back leading me back to stand with Harry who is still rubbing his knees from his earlier attempt.

"That was hilarious by the way" Ron chuckles as he and Seamus reenact my little show, but stop when Harry shoots them a glare seeing that I'm turning more red by the second.

"Miss. Malfoy" Professor Moody announces Mara taking a shaky step forward as she surprisingly keeps a determined glare in her eyes. Breathe, I mouth when she turns around to look at me, and she nods tightening up as Moody raises his wand.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Mara's POV

"Imperio!"

I tense expecting the curse to turn my body rigid and wipe me from reality entirely, but I feel oddly at peace and I can still make out parts of the room. I suppose Mad-eye isn't putting as much force into the curse like my father did because usually trying to fight him off was rather painful, and I would forget who I was. 

"Knock the desk over!" Mad-eye's voice shouts, and I think my body rolls it's eyes at the lame demand. "No." I shout back calmly finding the situation rather amusing.

"Knock over the desk!"

"No!"

My feet shuffle around the desk, and through my blurry vision I can see Moody smirking. However it quickly falls when I sit down crossing my arms and legs the voice and floating sensation disappearing as I do so. I turn around to see my classmates either shell shocked or angry that I was able to fight off the curse while they all made fools of themselves.