Nice Intentions

Leah's POV

"At this rate we'll be the only ones in our year without dates." Ron continued to complain, and I closed my eyes taking a moment to refocus on my Potions test. Professor Snape shoves Ron by the back of the head and I bite back a chuckle.

Just four more...

"Well us and Neville." He still continues, and I harshly press my quill down as I write glowering once I hear Harry continue the cruel banter. "It might interest you to know Neville's already got someone." Hermione finally snaps back and I can tell her and Mara are just as fed up with their whining.

"Now I'm really depressed..." He sighs Harry silently agreeing.

"If you two blokes don't mind some of us are trying to take a test." Mara hisses her ice blue eyes shooting daggers that temporarily shut the two up until someone a few seats down tosses a crumpled up piece of paper at them. He mumbles something, and I glance down a few seats to see Fred was the one who threw it.

"Well who are you going with?" The older Weasley considers the question, and I swear our eyes connect. And for that split second I thought he was going to ask me even though we haven't talked in little over a month. However he sharply turns his bright red hair whipping with him, and I follow his gaze to see he's looking to Angelina.

The next minute passes by in slow motion, and I can barely process what's happening. All I know is that he asked her and she said yes, and the rising feeling in my heart quickly dissipated as it plummeted to the ground.

"Why Hermione you're a girl..."

"Well spotted." She growls and I groan as he speaks before he thinks. Like this day couldn't get any worse. "Ron!" Mara tries to warn her voice barely above a whisper but still extremely harsh, but he ignores her. "Well a guy can go alone, but for a girl it's just sad." I clench my free hand in a fist Mara instinctively placing a hand on my shoulder like that would hold me down if I tried to pounce on him.

I turn to see not only her and George staring at me cautiously, because they know no one has asked me, but now so is Fred. "For your information I have a date!" She scowls standing up going to turn in her paper reminding me that I also finished mine, but my feet feel glued to the floor despite the fact that I desperately want to leave.

"And I said yes!"

They all watch as she goes, but I keep my eyes on Ron my glare challenging Mara's, and sure enough when he turns around he looks quite unsettled. "Sorry Leah I would ask you, but there's this thing..."

"I'm going alone you idiot." I seethe the anger that's been boiling in my body finally starting to bubble over, and at this point I hardly care. "You can't go alone you're a champion, I doubt that's allowed." He chuckles turning to Harry who has tensed under my angry glare.

"See if I care, I'm going alone!" I shriek still keeping my voice quiet.

"Don't say that I'm sure someone will ask you." Harry tries to reason, and my frown deepens because that's very unlikely.

"No one's going to ask me Harry, and I honestly don't want them to." I spat yanking my test by the corner with enough force that I'm sure it wrinkled the whole thing. If the guy I like doesn't want to take me then so be it, but I'm not about to go searching for another just to say I have a date.

I refuse to be that pathetic and dependent.

I practically throw the paper at Professor Snape strutting back as quickly as I can to finish my thought.

"I'd rather go alone and enjoy myself than have a dim witted guy follow me around so I can awkwardly try to avoid him. I'm going by myself so I can have fun, and if that makes me odd for breaking this schools moral code then so be it!"