Messing With My Head

Leah's POV

"Mara I swear whatever you do don't let her read the Daily Prophet..." Fred pants quickly and I walk up behind him tapping his shoulder, and he spins around eyes wide. "And why not?" I ask sharply my eyes just as sharp as my words.

"Leah please trust us on this one, you don't need to deal with this today." Mara speaks up stepping out from behind Fred the paper behind her back, and I'm about to let it go when Pansy appears.

"Are you feeling sick Potter?" She asks mischievously her eyes glinting, "I heard it hurts quite a lot." She finishes brushing back my curls to stare at my scar, but I quickly swat her hand away. Then she leaves with a wiggle of her fingers

"Give me the paper." I growl snatching it from her hand Fred trying to steal it back, but she lifts her hand stopping him. I skim through the article rolling my eyes at the ridiculous accusations regarding Harry and I how the scars have affected our brains.

Mines not even on my head!

But then my eyes linger on a quote regarding me that came from an anonymous Slytherin, I think we all know who said it though. "As an acquaintance of Leah's I think the pressure of who she is is really affecting her. It's always: 'My scar hurts' or 'You-know-who killed my parents' or 'Someone put my name in the cup.' Seriously she thinks someone's always out to get her when all we want is a normal school year."

I hold the paper in front of my face taking a minute to compose myself before I reveal myself to my best friend and boyfriend. "I don't care." I shrug lowering the paper and handing it back to Fred, but I can tell neither one of them believe me. However I think they know today is not the day to push this.

"Miss. Potter the champions are meeting in the hall after breakfast to meet with their families." Professor McGonagall explains just as I sit down catching me slightly off guard. "But professor..." I start but she's already gone hurrying along like her life depends on it.

"That was odd." I mutter digging into my eggs, but I stop as Fred nudges me stealing my bacon. "I don't know, maybe you're the odd one." He shrugs one end of my bacon still sticking out of his mouth, so lean forward snatching it with my own mouth much to his surprise.

"Please I'm begging you get a room." Mara pleads trying to hide behind her goblet making both of us chuckle.

Breakfast passed by quickly and I'm in such a good mood that I actually forgot about the task tonight. That was until Cedric tapped my shoulder telling me to hurry up so we could get our day officially started.

Yay...

So I left waving Harry to come along, but he looked rather put off by the whole idea like he expected the Dursley's to be waiting for us. So with a huff and a quick roll of my eyes I left making sure to harshly brush by Pansy as I did.

I wasn't thrilled either. I didn't want to awkwardly stand in there with the other champions who would be surrounded by their families. However all of my worries were thrown out the back window when I entered and Mrs. Weasley and Bill were standing there waiting for us.

I was smiling so much my cheeks were sore, but I hardly cared. I immediately went up to both of them and embraced them in the biggest hug forcing my tears to stay within my eyes. "I... I can't believe it... You're here!" I cheered happily making both of them chuckle.

"Of course we are dear, we wouldn't miss it for the world." Mrs. Weasley stated her smile warming my heart as she cupped my cheek staring down at me like I was her world, like I was one of her own.

I turned to my right the Diggory's being the closest to us and the door, and my friend smiled a little more upon seeing me."Cedric could you..."

"Already on it." He happily stated walking to the door to fetch my brother.