Let Me Explain

Leah's POV

Everyone cheered and they continued to cheer, and the louder they got the more I cried. I'm not sure how long they did this, but I know it stopped when Fleur screamed. People started swarming around me, but I kept my head down the ugly sobs still wracking my body. I was waiting to wake up, to wake up from this awful nightmare because there's no way this is real.

"Harry, Leah what happened?" It was Dumbledore, but I don't know what to say, where to begin, or how much he wants everyone to hear. This isn't something you can just claim you need evidence, and you need to tell people carefully so you don't freak them out.

Someone tried to pull me off Cedric, but I refused to move. I can't move until I wake up and everything goes back to normal. I turn around to see Professor McGonagall pulling me up, but I stumble on my wounded leg her worry increasing. I can hear Harry behind me talking to Dumbledore in a panic.

"He's back..." I mumble my hand shaking in her own. "He's... He's back, and he... He killed Cedric." I sob falling into her without warning full on sobbing, and thankfully she allows me to do so. "Who, Leah?" She said carefully and I can tell she's listening in on Harry talk to Dumbledore.

"Voldemort." I whisper and she doesn't flinch like I expected her to fear doesn't even cross her face instead she just nods and listens. "He did this, he killed Cedric." I explain to the best of my ability as the crowd starts to thicken and people start to realize what's going on.

The air fills with people screaming "He's dead!" "Cedric Diggory! Dead!"and that's when I realize this isn't a dream, and I'm not waking up.

This is my new reality...

"I know dear, but you need to calm down for your own sake." I nod breathing in deeply, I try to look at Cedric but McGonagall keeps my eyes focused on her. "There's nothing you can do now." She says trying to sooth me, but it's not working.

"Professor they're injured let me take them to the hospital wing..." A hoarse voice states popping from the other cries and screams. "Allow me to help you Moody..."

"No need Dumbledore needs you here." He counters and he grabs my shoulder pulling me away. She steps forward a stern look in her eyes, but I shake my head trying to smile the best I could to prove that it was fine. She reluctantly let me go and Moody snatched Harry who was standing amongst the chaos even though he was protesting.

Moody drags us up to the castle, and Harry tried to explain the situation to the best of his ability. But I could tell he was still shaken, since he was still panting and trembling, but Moody dragging us like potato sacks didn't help.

We went up the stairs down the corridor, and much to my confusion into his classroom instead of continuing on to the hospital wing. "Professor I would really like to get my leg..."

"Patience Potter, I just have to get something." He growled sounding more on edge than he usually is and I quickly shut up. We let him drag us all the way into his office, and as soon as we entered he let go of me and I put as much space between us as possible.

"Are you alright?" He asks directing the question to both of us, but I just shrug not really wanting to open up to him right now. After all I think I'm allowed to not be alright. Besides something's not right here.

Moody focuses on Harry when he realizes I'm not going to tell him what he wants to hear, but I scoot closer carefully listening to them. "What was it like? What was he like?" Moody asks getting closer to my brother, and I want to push him back. "Who?" Harry asks cautiously something changing in his demeanor as I assume he catches on to our professors shifty behavior.