A Night To Remember

Above is Leah's Yule Ball look

Leah's POV

My heels seem to get louder as I walk down the stairs, and more heads seem to turn the closer I get to the bottom. But I can't read their expressions to focused on not tripping or passing out at this point to care.

"Oh Miss. Potter there you are, where's your date?" Professor McGonagall sighs relaxing for a second before she realizes I'm by myself, and then her heart rate seems to rise again. "I came alone Professor." I explain proudly and for a second pride flashes through her eyes.

"I swear you Potter's will be the death of me..." She starts frantically searching the crowd ushering me along with her, but it's hard to keep up with her when everyone refuses to move. "What's wrong Professor?" I ask still completely oblivious, and while doing my awkward shimmie through the crowd I step on someone's foot accidently.

"It's tradition that the champions are the first to dance, but you need a partner to do so. Unless you plan on waltzing by yourself?" She asks, but her attention is pulled somewhere else before I can say I'd actually prefer that.

"Mister Malfoy!" My eyes widen as as I see the bleach blonde pass by, and Professor McGonagall ushers him over either ignoring or oblivious to my protests. Out of all the guys why did it have to be Draco? "Mister Malfoy, miss Potter needs an escort." And before either of us can get a word in she's pushed us towards the other awaiting champions.

"Leah you look breathtaking!" Parvati gasps looking me up in down as if she couldn't believe I look like I do. I mumble a thanks turning a deep shade of red as Draco awkwardly hangs behind me like an unwanted growth. "That was some entrance." Harry teased but his eyes were darting between Draco and I like he actually thought I came with the ferret and didn't tell him.

"I felt like I was going to faint." I chuckle directing an eye roll at my unwanted partner hoping to explain what's going on without actually using words. "You looked like it." He continues still not catching on.

"Leah you look so gorgeous." I turn my attention to see Cedric and Cho, and my mood brightens seeing them so happy together because in a way I did that. I give both of them a hug mainly wanting to hide my still prominent blush. "If people keep saying that I might start to believe it." I state only partially teasing, but each compliment does give me an extra confidence boost.

"Oh please, did you two come together?" Cho states giving me a mother like glare that had me playfully rolling my eyes. "I came alone, but I need someone to dance with." I explain thankful when I physically see the realization dawn on Harry's face.

"Champions line up please."

I glower reluctantly holding my arm out to Draco refusing to meet his eyes as he takes it. The hall is empty now, and everyone is standing by in the Great Hall as the doors open revealing not the place that I eat everyday, but a winter wonderland. Seriously it looks like a scene straight from my dreams.

"Aren't you going to tell me I look nice?" I scoff hearing his ignorant tone my nails digging into his arm most likely ruining his 'expensive robes.' I catch Mara's eye explaining my aggravation with a single look, and she pulls George down to her level to whisper something in his ear.

"Isn't it usually the guy who gives the compliments? But what the hell, you look lovely Malfoy. Is that better?" I ask my tone poisonous and agitated.

"Well I would say you look lovely as well, but I'm kind of scared you'll smack me if I do." I silently take his hand in mine, and he places his on my waist both of us finally looking each other in the eye only to see the other glaring. Our bodies are rigid and we've both put as much space between us as humanly possible, and I'm sure everyone can feel the tension building between us.