Read My Mind

Leah's POV

Let me just say this has been the worst week of my life, and I'm not over exaggerating. Worse than my first year when I had people constantly flocking around me, worse than my second year when everyone thought Harry opened the chamber, worse than last year when I thought someone was trying to murder me.

No this is way worse because even through all of that I had my friends to rely on. Not only is Ron completely ignoring me always turning away quickly when we make eye contact with this hurt and ashamed fog in his eyes like he can't face me, but Fred is also keeping his distance. The guy I'm head over heels for can barely stand to say hi to me now without running off, and I swear nothing has ever hurt more.

So I've been trying to go through my daily routine with my head held high like I've always done, but the longer I have to the heavier it gets. All the Hufflepuffs hate me everytime Cedric tries to talk to me his guy friends steer him away, the same friends that were just whistling at me last week. Even Professor Sprout can barely stand to look at me, and I don't blame her. Still, it doesn't make it hurt any less considering I used to be her favorite student.

Don't even get me started on the Slytherins and their stupid badges. I swear if it weren't for Mara always sweeping in I would wipe that smirk off Draco's face myself since he thinks he can talk to my brother like that. Of course the two idiots just had to make it worse by shooting off those charms, I mean Professor Snape didn't really help, the whole situation was a mess.

Then the same day there was that stupid interview with stupid Rita Skeeter, and let me just say this in as few words as possible. I. Hate. Her! Asking questions she had no right to ask, but then making up answers I didn't even say.

"Are you worried your image as a girl is faltering with everything you do?"

"How is your anxiety going to affect the way you compete?"

"Do you ever feel like your brother overshadows you?"

"Would your parents be disappointed?"

That last one stung the most mainly because I don't care what guys think of me, my anxiety has already faced much worse, and I know no one that truly matters sees Harry as more important. However I never really knew my parents, so it's not like I can reassure myself that they wouldn't be disappointed.

My mom especially was a great student always on time, tons of owls, and always standing up for others. The scandals Harry and I have pulled probably would've sent her to an early grave if she was still alive.

I'm so caught up in my own thoughts that I barely notice a flat object smacking the back of my neck. Stopping I look down to see a Potter Stinks badge mockingly laying at my feet. Before I can run or even question who threw it another hits my back, and then another, and another, and when I finally see who my attackers are Pansy and her goons are standing above me.

"What's up Potter?" She spats spit actually hitting me in the face as another badge smacks my cheek. I refuse to respond attempting to stand, but she shoves me back down my maturity enraging her. "You just think you're so great, you think you're above us don't you? Well I think it's time we change that."

I slouch on the ground curling into myself as they toss more badges at me and land kicks to my side refusing to give them what they want. "Fight back Potter!" She hisses and once the beating stops I flee the best I can. "Everte statum!" Pansy cries and I step aside just in time for the spell to hit the wall instead of me.

"You have worse aim than Stormtroopers!" I shout my annoyance finally building not caring if they don't know what I'm talking about. I run around the corner hoping to find refuge, but instead I run into a solid figure. "Professor Snape?" I gasp and he takes a step back when he sees me flinch.