Prologue

3 YEARS AGO - A LEVEL RESULTS DAY:

Louis Tomlinson was excited, to say the least. He was buzzing, he was jumping up and down in joy and he was trying to remain calm - but it just wasn't working. He never wanted to come back to college, ever again and have to torture himself with subjects he wasn't even interested in. His ambition and dream of all this time had been singing, selling out arenas and having his own album and he was so close to it all. He kept sending in his music tapes and videos to record deals, hoping for a reply and then he would never have to come back to college, never have to go university. University just wasn't for him, studying and writing and all that just wasn't made for Louis and he had never found any sort of interest in it.

This day had started off good for Louis already. He got the news he got signed by Modest in the morning. He had sent his tapes in to Modest quite a few times, hoping for a reply but always getting rejected but he didn't stop, he didn't give up and carried on uploading his covers online. He reached out to a good group of people who were taken away by his voice, his work. Now, he had finally reached his life long goal and he had no idea how to even celebrate. He ran up to his mum first thing in the morning after he got the email, his eyes wide as he jumped on her and hugged her until she chuckled lightly and demanded to know what was going on. When she was told, she started sprinkling Louis with kisses all over his face, telling him just how proud she was of her little baby. Then, Louis called Zayn and they both celebrated over a can of monster and talking about the fuure.

However, today was also the day he had to collect his A Level grades after two whole difficult years of college. Today was the last day he had to torture himself by walking through those doors that held nothing but misery for Louis, he was finally able to move on from his portion of his life. He had Zayn by his side, bubbling and he couldn't keep still because he was just so damn stimulated, so hyper over the news and he wanted to shout it off the rooftops, wanted to announce it to every person he knew. He could meet all his mates today which consisted of: the goofy Niall, the loser Liam and Harry.

Harry.

Louis was deeply in love with Harry, something so deep that he couldn't even begin to describe what it was like. It was like one of the most amazing feelings, it was like being able to feel homely with someone and be able to share your own life, experiences, past with them and never have to worry about being judged. But, at the same time it was shitty, feeling like a loss of control because your emotions aren't in touch and you can't help but fall more and more everytime you saw that person. And well, shit, Louis was in deep. He wanted to announce his record deal with him today and then confess all the feelings he had been hiding inside, scared to tell incase it ruined their friendship but sometimes you had to take the step and just go for it. 

Zayn was praising him, telling him he was so proud of Louis to be chasing his dreams and making it this far and Louis was blushing, deep red but he rather celebrate with his one and only: Harry. Harry understood, he was the one who had stayed up all night listening to Louis sing, practice and watched him grow to a better musician he is today. Harry gave him hope, he kept him going and never even allowed the phrase 'giving up' a thought. Therefore, it only made sense to make the news more known to him because he could just imagine Harry's reaction. Harry would gasp, embrace him tightly, running a hand through his hair and whisper soft, encouraging words in his ear. And Louis couldn't wait.

Louis and Harry had been best friends since the first day of primary school up until the last day of sixth form and within that time: they had been closer than ever. They did practically everything together, spent each day together and even when they didn't: they were texting, calling and skyping. They shared their first kiss together, they both talked to each other about their first times and didn't find it settling so they even had sex together. But all in the name of friends. It wasn't friends though, it was much more. They were literally inseparable and Louis wouldn't have it any other way and a part of him was disappointed he hadn't done this before, hadn't made it official when he was still studying.