3 - Welcome To My New Life

WELCOME TO MY NEW LIFE

Louis was in his car, driving over to Zayn's house and not even caring about the paparazzi following him anymore as he freely put the windows right down and let the breeze circulate this car. He wanted to go to his best friends house, vent out what just happened and cry about how shit his management is and how much he's suffering. He wanted to do all that but he knew he wasn't allowed to talk about his management, it would just land him in more trouble which he wasn't willing to go through just for this sake.

He parked the car outside the apartment block Zayn lived in, putting his hat back on and travelling up the flight of stairs to reach Zayn's house on the 3rd floor. Obviously, the stairs were always a pain but he wanted to get there faster than going up the lift which was scary and quite broken to be honest. He wished he could buy Zayn a better place to live but it would look like he was doing it out of sympathy, trying to boast around the amount of money he has which was never his intention. He had never done this for the money, it was just a bonus that came along with it that Louis couldn't deny that he loved.

Zayn stumbled, opening the door and pulling Louis into a tight embrace. He was dressed so casual in his PJs, a simple grey tee with shorts and his hair was tucked under a beanie so it could hide his bad hair day. His simplicity was enough to make Louis so grateful that he had a little safe haven, being able to escape everything and come here and spend time with childhood friends so he could forget the madness and chaos going on in his life. 

"What brings you here at dinner time? Food ey?" Zayn chuckled, closing his apartment door behind him and gesturing towards the living room sofa.

The apartment was very chic, hipster type and it was like a breath of fresh air everytime Louis came here because it was a break from his own lonely, posh house that had way too many bedrooms than he needed. He lived alone and yet there was four floors and over 7 bedrooms for no reason whatsoever. Obviously, it made sleepovers and having family around much easier and he was overly grateful for all the money he had that made it so easily affordable for him.

"Shut up, I wouldn't come here for food!" Louis rolled his eyes, smiling. "I actually needed to talk to you."

"Sure, let's prepare some dinner together and we'll discuss what you need to over food? Because, mate, I am starving!" Zayn rubbed circles on his stomach and Louis agreed, walking into the kitchen where all the ingredients were sitting there, ready to be cooked.

"What you making?"

"I'm thinking of doing rice and curry, feeling some pakistani, traditional food today." Zayn spoke, more to himself as he put the rice into the sauce pan and let it boil. "You're okay with that, right?"

Louis has tried practically every country's food, anything you could name and traditional was definitely one of his favourite. He knew how much Zayn loved his traditional, pakistani cooking and got used to it really quickly so he could always eat it whenever Zayn prepared it. Honestly, Louis couldn't ask for a better friend than Zayn and the least he could do was learn to love his habits and his tradition so it was easier for Zayn.

"Love your cooking man, anything's fine." He reassured Zayn, patting his shoulder as he stepped back and let the magic occur right before his eyes, not bothering to do any of the cook himself. Louis hated cooking, couldn't even do it and therefore most of the times he would have to order takeaway or go to restaurants or even have his friends send over some food. He could do the basics such as pasta, a good sandwich here or there but that was only useful for lunch.

Zayn grinned. "I'll pack some food for you later to take home so you're not starving like always." He rolled his eyes, starting to cut the onions and putting them into a separate saucepan with other spices, vegetables as he started to stir it around. Louis was amazed by Zayn's cooking each time,w watching closely and trying to learn himself so he didn't have to rely on other people.