9 - Maybe I'm Not Enough

MAYBE I'M NOT ENOUGH

The next morning, Louis felt like he was dying as he rolled out of bed and clutched his head tightly and tried to control his breathing. He had a horrible stomach ache, a banging headache and everything around him hurt. He felt like shit, like he shouldn't of gone ahead with the party and had so many drinks because now, he was suffering and he hated feeling ill. He couldn't keep going on like this when he was about to jump back into work so soon, he had to get his head back into the game.

Louis felt all the drinks from yesterday coming up his throat as he was suddenly alarmed, jumping off the bed, feeling his head bang as he slipped into the bathroom and emptied all the content into the toilet. He groaned, he hated throwing up, he hated feeling of all the waste being released from up his throat as he stared weakly down at the vomit. He could instantly feel like this was going to be a rough day.

"Niall!" Louis croaked out, his voice strained as he silenced himself to wait for a reply. He knew for a fact that Niall would never leave him alone when he had been crying in Niall's chest until he finally fell asleep. Plus, Niall would feel like it was his duty to make sure the place is spotless before he left since it was his party. Louis couldn't be more grateful for a friend like Niall.

Niall walked in, frowning when he saw Louis's figure, all crumpled up on the floor and feeling so small. He crouched down beside Louis, running a hand down his back and pulling his fringe out of the way as he threw up. "There, there." he murmured every now and then, allowing Louis to empty everything before helping him off the floor. "How you feeling Lou?"

Louis sighed. "Not any better." he said honestly, grabbing a towel and wiping his face clean with it. Everything in this house was unused since he was hardly around here and only used this place if he had a party. "How was last night?"

Niall shrugged like it was no big deal. "Not much, just helped people and then they left."

"Harry?"

"He left with Dalton, little fucker he is."

Louis flinched at the strong words that were coming out of Niall's word, he wanted to agree but he couldn't hate Harry. He felt bad for pushing him away yesterday but sometimes, it was a little too much for him to take in. "Don't say that." he whispered.

"It's true! He acts like the fucking victim, you know? Like he doesn't know the effect he has on you and it disgusts me."

"Stop," Louis rolled his eyes, regretting bringing up the topic of Harry because he couldn't stand the fact that Niall was cussing him out.

Niall did stop, straight away and then smiled weakly. "I just want you to be okay, yeah?"

Louis nodded, feeling an immense wave of guilt. He had subjected his friends to so much of his bullshit, his drunken crying and confessions and he had no idea how Niall even dealt with it. It wasn't fair for him, he shouldn't have to follow Louis around like he was a toddler. "I'm fine, Niall."

Niall shook his head, disagreeing with the statement but not saying anything either. He helped Louis out and looked around the vacant room as Louis got changed, combed through his messy hair and tried to look presentable for another day.

"What you going to do today?" Niall asked absentmindedly.

"I'm going to treat you for a lunch for being such an awesome friend." Louis said, his voice firm so it was clear that there was no need for arguments. He needed to start giving back, start spending his money on more useful things and start showing his friends just how much he needed them. Where would Louis even be today without Niall? Niall kept his head on the ground, kept his sanity going and he couldn't thank him enough.