18 - It's Been So Long

I'm really not happy with this chapter. I was supposed to edit in more drugs and alcohol and such, really emphaise Louis's problem and his struggles with these toxic substances. However, I haven't edited any of the chapters so I'm publishing it with the original draft. Later on, I'll be adding such detail into the story :)

***

"I got the call from management," Eleanor simply greeted Louis with as she slided into the car with him, trying to smile gracefully but noticing the annoyed look on his face. Her smile instantly faded, sighing as she buckled up her seatbelt. "Oh, Louis, is everything okay?" She asked sincerely, looking him straight in the eye.

Louis sighed too because he was tired. That was probably an understatement. He was hating his life right now, he had just lost the closest he had come to Harry and once again-- he was alone with his sorry life. Harry didn't want him, never did. He was too loyal for Dalton, only wanted him and nothing more and maybe Louis was interrupting something great. Maybe this wasn't how it was supposed to be. He wasn't supposed to end up with Harry in the end.

"Yeah," he lied. This wasn't the time to sob about his sorry life, complain about things he could never have. What was the point in talking about it if it only brought you more pain in the end? Louis just had to accept what has happened, try to move on from it. "I'm sorry about this."

"Sorry about what?"

"You know, this whole dating thing. I wish I could change it, really."

Eleanor just giggled, shaking her head. "Don't be stupid, I understand it. I mean, it's not like I'm entirely miserable right now!"

Louis just nodded because it was true. He actually managed to get along with her for the sake of their management, the rules and he was glad he met someone so down to earth. If it was someone else, Louis wasn't sure how he would be able to cope with it all. He needed someone that would understand him, not drive him out of his comfort zone.

"I just wanted to make sure this is all okay with you?" Louis asked. This was a huge step, something that was going to be annoying in the future and the days to come. It was going to be really mind fucking to constantly see articles of them two together, it being confirmed that their dating when really, there's not even a spark of interest between them. Louis wondered whether his real fans would be able to spot the difference, notice that it isn't real and support him no matter what. His thoughts often pondered on this fact, thinking whether his fans would still buy his music if he came out as homosexual.

"Of course it is. I wouldn't of agreed otherwise!" Eleanor smiled.

"Yeah, but once you sign the contract you have to agree." Louis tried to warn her cautiously. She had no idea what she was letting herself into. Once you were signed, they had full control over your actions and had the power to change whatever they wanted to. It was gutting, disgusting but that was just how life was once you were chasing the fame life. "You can't back out."

"Are you trying to scare me off?" She teased.

"No, I'm not! I'm just letting you know so you're fully aware of what you're doing."

"I'm aware Louis, it's okay. It's you that should be more worried!"

And oh, Louis was definitely worried. He didn't know how to feel about this whole concept, whether he should be agreeing with it so freely-- despite the fact that he didn't really have a choice. He was going to have a girl around, having to admit out loud to other people in interviews that he was dating a girl and describe her with lovely words. It wasn't that Eleanor wasn't a lovely girl, the whole idea of dating her just wasn't.

What if management decided to widen the time of them dating, decided to make it longer than a year and keep them in a committed relationship? That way, Louis would be completely off the market and for them, that was brilliant. It would bring more money for them and that's all they really cared about.