26 - So Happily

SO HAPPILY

***

A week later, Louis decided to present Harry with a new phone. It was hardly an expensive gift for him since he could afford virtually anything but he still felt awkward giving it. It's hardly been a month since they've moved in together but he felt like this was the right time. He needed a form of communication with Harry besides just seeing him in person in case he had to go to emergency meetings. He also knew that Harry was broke, incapable of getting a phone.

He left the phone box, wrapped up with a little bow, at Harry's beside table and creeped downstairs to prepare breakfast for the two of them. He put the sausages on the drill whilst making egg Benedict and toast with beans. He wasn't the master at cooking, never has been but this breakfast was just the easiest way to go. Plus, it was highly satisfying.

After a while, he heard a gasp appearing from the staircase as a bewildered Harry ran down the stairs with a frown and red cheeks. He didn't look the slightest bit pleased, rather annoyed as he shoved the iPhone back to Louis.

"What are you playing at?" He demanded.

Louis tried not to look offended, chuckling slightly. "Playing at what?"

"Why would you give me that, why would you do that?"

"Love, it's not a big deal, really. It's just a phone."

"Just a phone?" He spluttered, looking at a loss of words as he ran a hand through his hair, stressed. "Just a phone?"

"Yes, it's fine Harry. Besides, you need it and just assume it's an early birthday present or something!"

"No, I can't accept it. Are you crazy?" Harry asked, his eyes wide. "Louis, no."

"Harry." He said sternly. "Take it, it's a gift from me for being awesome okay? It's not a big deal, I promise."

"I don't want you thinking I'm using you, for your money. You already assumed that..." he said, his voice trailing away and sounding a little broken as he gulped.

Louis felt like his heart dropped, feeling awful for all the words he blurted out in the hotel room. If he had any sort of idea, he wouldn't of opened his big gob. He never knew how scarring words could be until he let out unnecessary comments that were only bound to hurt. He put the phone down on the counter, walking over to Harry and kissing him on the lips hard.

"I got this for you because I love you, I want you to know how much I care about you. It's a present to indicate my love and it has nothing to do with you using me, wanting my money."

Harry didn't look convinced, still a little bit uneasy but didn't argue. "I'm so grateful, I really appreciate it-- thank you."

Louis brushed it off, like it was no big deal. "Let's help you set it up, come on."

**

About two weeks later, Louis was in bed sleeping happily until he felt his body being shaken softly. He stirred in his sleep, yawning but waking up straight away, alert in case Harry needed something. He had grown so used to having Harry in bed with him, sometimes spooning and sometimes keeping a safe distant when he just needed to be on his own. Today was on the nights where he needed his own space but still wanted Louis's presence in the room. He understood, let him do what he needs to to get by.

So, he was fairly surprised how he ended up being woken at 3am with Harry snuggling under his arm and whimpering just slightly.

"Is everything okay?" He asked straight away, sitting up straight and pulling Harry closer so they were fully hugging. He just wanted to provide any sort of comfort he could give, thinking maybe the younger boy had a nightmare and needed some comfort.