23 - Too Damn Sober

TOO DAMN SOBER

**

They were supposed to check out the next morning but Louis felt too lazy to get up. He didn't want to return back to the dreaded town, holding many hidden secrets now and he was fearing the reaction he was going to get from the media. He was purposely delaying going on twitter at all, just imagining all the tweets that were coming in to him and right now, he didn't need that. But, when did Louis ever follow the rules?

He called the reception, asking for two days extra stay because it was wonderful here. It was cosy, it was away from home and it allowed Louis to take a few days out to himself. Plus, he was sleeping beside his love and he could never want anything more. Obviously, he hadn't jumped ahead and cuddled him, spooned him because it felt too soon-- and he was way too afraid after his first move. He watched Harry sleep instead, analysing his eyelashes and how content he looked and Louis didn't want anything else.

He scrolled through his phone, looking at all the notifications that kept his phone busy constantly. He went through some fans twitter, creeping up on different accounts and noticing different tweets. Louis had become aware that most of his fans believed he was gay and were extremely supportive about it-- and he wanted nothing more than to tell the world, to tell them. But, his management were still trying to hide away who he is and he had no choice but to follow.

Soon, he would be away from his cursed management and he could sign up to another record deal where they could appreciate his sexuality, who he truly is. He only had to make it through another year and he was free, finally.

Louis had no idea what was going to happen next. Was he going to end up with Harry? After all the trauma Harry has been through, Louis wouldn't be surprised if he just wanted to be single for a while and stay out of relationships. That was expected. With broken relationships came trust issues that never really went away. Harry had been emotionally, physically and mentally crushed and it was going to take more than Louis to solve that.

He had to work on getting a counselling team sorted for him, someone he can talk to when he needed it because Louis couldn't do this all on his own. He wanted nothing more than the best for Harry but he wasn't a professional, he didn't know the full story and he didn't want to push anything onto Harry he didn't want.

"Louis?" Harry whispered through his slumber, eyes still closed as he blissfully turned over and smiled like a baby. Louis could feel his heart swoon, beat faster as he looked down at the face of an angel and couldn't help but feel fond.

"Yes babe?" He replied, going to run a hand through his smooth hair and waking him up gently.

"When do we have to leave the hotel?"

"No time soon, I extended the time."

"I'm scared to go back," Harry admitted after a few minutes, a frown appearing on his face.

"Don't be. You'll be with me and we have security guards around, all the time. You're safe," Louis promised, trying to sound reassuring as he gave him a bright smile. There was no way he was going to allow Harry start another day with another frown, his life had to be full of smiles and positive thoughts from now. And Louis was going to make that happen, even if it took over his own life.

Harry seemed to like that answer, settling back on the pillow and getting comfortable again. It looked like he had no desire of getting up anytime soon.

"Sleep." Louis instructed, not releasing his gentle firm around Harry's hair.

"He used to make me get up early, clean the house and prepare breakfast before he could even blink awake." Harry breathed out, looking somewhat terrified like it was his duty to do the same here and he had just realised.