4 - It's Different Now

IT'S DIFFERENT NOW

"It was proper weird Li," Louis sighed over the phone, rubbing his stubble that was growing and that he hadn't bothered to shave today. He had to do some shopping but he made a mental note to also go to Harry's house and ask if he's okay since he hadn't heard or seen of him since the day he ran out. It's been almost 3 days since that incident and Louis was hoping that Harry would just drop by innocently, out of nowhere.

"I'm sure there was a reason why he was rushing out?" Liam suggested. "I mean, maybe he had something planned."

"He said Dalton was coming home late from work, what could of they planed?" Louis rolled his eyes.

"You never know Lou, stop overthinking. I'm sure he's fine. Are you going to meet him?"

"Later on. I'm going to get some shopping done, then go and find his goddamn apartment." Louis groaned as he parked up his car, cutting the engine off and taking a few heavy breaths. He looked over to his security guard, Alberto, who was grinning at him. Louis was so glad he had his own personal security guard because it meant he could go out and not get surrounded by girls all the time. He would meet a few of them but most of the time, Alberto didn't allow it which was really good most of the times. The fans didn't even want to talk to him really, they just wanted a picture and never even said hi. Before, the fans were thoughtful and focused on making Louis smile instead of just crowding around, nearly suffocating him, only asking for a picture and walking off. Just so they could tell the world they had met him.

"Okay, let me know how it goes. We need to meet up soon, it's been ages."

"It's been like a week?" Louis scoffed, rolling his eyes but it was true. He couldn't stay too long without meeting Liam because he needed his friends to keep him down on the ground. "Okay, I'll drop by tomorrow. See ya." He hanged up, pocketing his phone and he climbed out of the car and started shopping.

Louis walked past one of the cellphone provider shops and wondered whether he should pick up a phone for Harry. It didn't have to be the most expensive one so Harry didn't feel like he was taking advantage of Louis but he was hesitating. He only just got Harry back and he didn't want to make him entirely uncomfortable with the fact that he had just splurged all this money on him. Maybe later.

Alberto smiled at Louis. He seemed way too cheery for someone who worked for Louis. "Where do you want to go today little boy."

"Little boy?" Louis laughed. "Just because you're huge and got muscles yeah?" He punched one of Alberto's arms, recoiling at how rock hard it was and sticking his tongue out. He loved his playful relationship with Alberto because it made it easier to get along with his annoying management team that were always on Louis's back. They were forever trying to mend him, change him and Louis would resist it, fight it as much as he could.

They walked into the first shop, Nike, as Louis just picked out new workout bottoms and tops for himself to use since he could never get enough. He also went into Hollister and got himself new jeans, new vans. It was a blessing that he was able to go into these shops, not worry about how much he's spending and just do whatever he wants. There was never restrictions, budgets - it was so easy and within reach. Louis also picked out a necklace for Harry since he knew how much he loved wearing it, it was a paper plane necklace and he felt proud of himself for picking it out.

Finally, after a few hours of shopping and only being noticed by some teenage girls who were waving frantically at him, they were back in the car as Louis started it up and started driving towards Harry's apartment.

"Where you going?" Alberto asked, his voice husky and deep as he watched Louis take cautious turns into different, unknown roads. He had his tomtom on for directions and it was taking him into the most disgusting areas, with chavs around and all in all, it just didn't seem like a safe place to be. Obviously, Louis had nothing to worry about with his security guard because he was protected at all times but he hadn't driven down to these areas in the longest time and it wasn't appealing.